How does working for an established energy services provider for over 40 years sound? My client helps organisations manage their energy better and are well-respected within their division.
Data is key to this company’s role in the energy industry. The Data Engineering Team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to design and develop data systems to support the rapid growth in the business. This will involve working with different types of data and systems, identifying areas for improvement, and designing new data processing pipelines and systems to provide a robust, scalable data platform for the future.
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Data Engineer will design robust data processing systems to replace existing manual or inefficient processes.
- Construct ETL pipelines and develop stored procedures to create efficient data applications and workflows using industry best practices.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability and quality, such as automating manual steps to increase the quality and speed of data processing where possible.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods so that they can integrate with the company’s energy insights platform.
- Create functions and data views that allow other application and business users to easily interact with large datasets and processing systems.
- Document all designs, specifications and interfaces so that users can understand them clearly.
- Ensure environments are stable and available.
- Write production quality code including good unit test coverage.
- Keep up to date with advances in Data Engineering, including new applications and ways of working, so that the best industry-standard tools are always used in place of bespoke solutions.