“What would you like to be when you grow up?”
…is the question we heard so many times during our childhood. At only five years old, we had no idea that this would turn into an insoluble dilemma of adolescence! We all had a career we wanted to pursue, whether we wanted to be a superhero, an astronaut, a firefighter, a scientist, a professional footballer or a veterinarian…
If you are a recent College or University graduate, you may still be trying to answer this million dollar question! YourRecruit Group can come to the rescue though. Most of us have been there, done that and got the t-shirt!
Even though you might not be packing your bags to go on the next mission to Mars after registering with us or getting ready to save the civilisation in a perfectly fitted superhero outfit, you can still be a hero in people’s eyes.
Starting your career
Our clients constantly seek passionate individuals to join them on temporary, permanent or contractual bases. Whether your vision is to start with a fixed term contract for a few months in preparation for a gap year. In contrast, you wish to find a permanent role within an organisation where you can grow and develop your career and become the next CEO – reach out. If you are a “people person”, a “number person” or the next IT guru: we’ll guide you, advise you and hopefully land you a fantastic opportunity.
We work with some extraordinary companies. Therefore, whether you have any IT support experience, development experience, customer service experience, get in touch. If your desire is to build on your existing skills or simply to get your foot in the door, get in touch. We will guide you through the process, give you the best tips and watch you spread your wings!
Your dream to become the next astronaut may be looking very unlikely by now, but there are still plenty of great career opportunities out there. We would love to be a part of your journey.
So here are our tips:
- Research the industry and the company
- Clarify your “selling points” and reasons why you want the job and why they should pick you
- Look at your social media profiles and the message your potential employer will get after looking at your pictures, your tweets or your comments
- Prepare for common interview questions
- Prepare your questions for the interviewer
- Get ready ahead of time. Be on time – that means early!
- Turn your phone off and no chewing gum!
- First impression counts so wear smart clothes, be confident, maintain eye-contact, firm hand-shake and avoid negative statements.
- Send a “Thank you” note and do not post any negative comments on any of the sites.
We hope this helps and we look forward to hearing from you!