So, you’ve handed in your notice and you’re ready to leave your job… But just as you’re about to clear your desk – your boss offers you...
Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Services Specialist/3rd Line Support Technician
An exciting opportunity for a Technical Services Specialist/3rd Line Support Technician has become available working for a well-established MSP, based in York, within their rapidly expanding Technical Services Team. As a member of the team, the emphasis will be on providing high quality technical services, delivery and higher tier support.
The ideal candidate will help to strengthen the expanding Technical team, they will have a broad technical knowledge and also enjoy the challenges of working hard in a fast paced and dynamic environment. As a member of the team, the emphasis will be on providing high quality technical service and support, while also being able to provide a good customer service and experience to all customers.
If this is a role that piques your interest, please continue reading for the finer detail…
The Technical Services Specialist will be responsible for:
- Provide Tier 3 support and implementation tasks for Windows Server 2012 R2+ (Active Directory, Group Policy, File and Print Sharing, DNS, RDS, High Availability options)
- Provide Microsoft 365 Support, implementation and migration tasks (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, Endpoint Manager (formerly InTune), Azure AD, OneDrive for Business, PowerShell Online, Directory Sync and Identity Management).
- You will be responsible for network troubleshooting and diagnostics fundamentals (General Network Connectivity, TCP/IP v4, DHCP, DNS).
- Involvement in Solution architecture/design, including liaising with customers to understand their needs and the technical solutions that can be put in place to address them.
- Involvement with Hyper-V (2012 R2+) Administration and VM Deployment
- A Technical Services Specialist will be required to manage and resolve customer and infrastructure alerts and events, impacting System BAU operations.
- Assisting Tier 1 and Tier 2 Engineers, this includes training, supporting, upskilling and knowledge transfer where appropriate.
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 desktop support for Windows 10 Devices (Client Support in a managed environment, OS Troubleshooting, Client Software Support (ie, Microsoft Office Applications, Endpoint Protection Solutions, Other Common Productivity and B2B Packages).
- Provide Google Workspace support, implementation and migration tasks (G-mail, Google classroom, Google drive, Google identity management sync tools)
The ideal 3rd Line Support Technician will have experience and/or certification of the following:
- Experience providing Tier 3 support within an Enterprise or Education Windows Environment.
- Excellent all-round communication skills, especially in questioning and listening.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with strong attention to detail and exceptional standards in quality of work.
- Strong and effective communication skills both verbally via the telephone and in writing via emails.
- Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers when necessary.
- A strong understanding of technology and how multiple platforms and services interoperate.
- Security mindset, considering the ramifications and considerations of client security when implementing and supporting solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities and achieve deadlines.
- Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; team player
- Ability to drive continual improvements (both internally and to clients) through the use of technology and process implementation and refinement
- Manage customer expectations ensuring a smooth and efficient process, report back requested information in a timely manner
You will also have experience and/or certification of any of the following:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (or higher)
- Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (or higher)
- MCSA / MCSE (or equivalent)
- Other Operating System Experience (iOS, Android, Linux)
- Cisco qualifications
- Ideally have experience working with or in the Education sector
£28,000 - £32,000 plus excellent benefits and working hours of 8.30am – 4.30pm (4pm finish on Friday!)
South York; YO32
This role would suit someone local to YO32, however this client has many of their customers based within the Hull/Leeds area, so there is the opportunity for someone who resides within these areas to be offered a hybrid role; however you must be prepared to initially be office based. Due to this it is essential that candidates have a full driving license and access to their own vehicle.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search