As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
This is a career defining opportunity to join a well-established IT Professional Services company, MS Gold Solutions and Fortinet Platinum provider, based in Wokingham, who are part of a larger group. This organisation is experiencing a period of sustainable growth and therefore are currently looking to recruit a driven Network Engineer who is looking to enhance their knowledge and career.
Offering a competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 with benefits including 25days Holiday, 3% Company Pension, Pool Car, Optional On-Call Bonus and Paid Overtime and career progression!
Our client is looking for a likeminded, able and professional network and security Engineer who is ambitious, qualified and holds a can-do attitude. You will need recent, hands on, high-touch exposure with some of the following vendors: Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, as well as other network backbone technologies.
Let’s take a look at the main duties and responsibilities:
The role will primarily be focused on day-to-day fixes and changes raised by all clients; this covers managing high level escalation of support tickets and liaising with customers, vendors and distributors. As company & client experience is gained, the role will also start to have a heavy involvement in on Pre-Sales design & project implementation. As we start to see the traditional security model changing as it migrates to the cloud, the successful candidate would be expected to be involved in adapting and building offerings in this arena.
- Pre-Sales - Providing technical advice, support and design on pre-sales opportunities
- Accompanying members of the Sales Team on client visits as required
- Onsite implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of equipment / environments
- Progressing escalated post sales cases / tickets
- Remote configuration, troubleshooting of equipment / environments-
- Onsite implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of equipment / environments Data line implementation, configuration and troubleshooting Liaising with manufacturers regarding product specific issues
- Internal Support to the Technical teams
- Work and liaise with Vendors
- Evaluate new products and advise the management team
- Responsibility of internal POC’s
- Supporting our internal Infrastructure
Still interested? Let’s see what prerequisites are required to be considered for this position…
- Suitable candidates will ideally have experience on Vendors such as Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto etc.
- Strong exposure Firewalls – BAU, Project and Implementation
- Cisco Knowledge CCNP preferred (minimum of Networking & Security)
- Excellent knowledge of network environments (routing/switching/VLANS/Security/Wireless/etc.)
- Exposure to Azure and AWS or other cloud technologies.
- Experience working in a Network or Security support team
- ITIL – Foundation
- Knowledge of WAN technologies and troubleshooting WAN connectivity issues
- Knowledge of network monitoring software platforms such as SolarWinds/SIEM
- Excellent all-round troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working on site
- Experience of providing support via telephone and e-mail
- Preferred: Fortinet – this is a niche partnering, therefore the drive to learn new technologies and products are a must
*A fantastic opportunity to become an important part of a well-regarded and growing company! Please note that due to the nature of this role, candidate’s mast have a full driving license!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.