As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
2nd Line Support Engineer
Interested? Here’s more …
Our client is a well-established and highly respected IT Support company who are exceptionally proud of the strong relationship they continually build with their loyal client base. The successful candidate will have fantastic communication skills and passion for IT. You will need to be able to gain rapport and build long-standing relationships with clients. They are looking for a someone who wants to continue their career path within Technical Support and settle long-term within the business.
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience + investment in training and development
Hours: 08:00 to 17:00/09:00 to 18:00 – hours may vary depending on projects
Location: London, WC1B – will be a mix of remote & office working
Benefits: 20 days holiday rising to 25, standard pension, healthcare, mobile allowance, training, overtime available
Are you the right person for the job?
Reporting to the Service Manager you will be supporting a mixed sized of business with all their IT support requests, both remotely and on-site; to carry out switch and firewall installs. Working in a fast-paced environment, they need are looking for a methodical individual who can priortise incident requests effectively and meet/exceed client expectations.
You will be able to execute, with a high degree of success, in integrating and/or solving problems in environments rich in Windows Server, Microsoft 365, IIS, networking, VPN's, firewalls, backup systems and more. Do you hold the following attributes?
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for how long a task will take
- Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals
Do you have the desired technical skills & experience?
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
- Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience with routers and firewalls / Experience with Terminal Services & Citrix
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Understanding of DNS services
- Working Knowledge of Non-Cisco Firewall Technologies - SonicWALL, DrayTek, NetGear
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience –Switching, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience – Microsoft 365 support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience - Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience - Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: MCITP, MCP, A+, N+, Apple
What will your working week be like?
- Configuration of standard POP, SMTP & Exchange clients including Outlook
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications per customer's preferences
- Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware including video cards, NICs, sound cards and hard drives
- Network Server – Experience preferred with Windows Server
- Configure file, print and remote access services
- Administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
- Administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.