As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
Our client, an outstanding charity organisation are looking for a Data Analyst at their Head office site in Birmingham, B47. As well as a competitive salary of £28,000 - £30,000, our client can offer an outstanding benefits package including, pension, life assurance, and generous holiday (31-35 days Inc. bank holidays) and lots more!
The position will be to produce meaningful information, analysis reports and training that contribute to the effectiveness of the charity’s activities. You will provide insight and analysis at the request of the Senior Data Systems Manager and to provide proactive insight to support the charity’s strategies, as well as ensure hands-on administration, support and development of key data systems, where requested.
The Data Analyst duties:
- Arranging and undertaking regular data audits and data cleansing ensuring data complies with all legal requirements.
- Utilise advanced tools (eg: SQL) to extract data from various data sources.
- Performing data queries and analysis on a variety of in-house, cloud and partner data systems utilising appropriate methods.
- Assist in supporting the HR data system and users.
- Support the implementation of developments of key data systems including managing UAT testing.
- Supporting data redaction, cleansing and integration projects.
- Work across departments to develop and maintain data quality and maintain up-to-date records according to policies and procedures, using the appropriate technology.
- Support development of integration of other digital information interfaces such as website, e-marketing, online shop, event registration etc
- Play an active part in data system development and promotion of best practice in database use and analysis across the organisation.
- Producing regular reporting for key performance indicators and improving systems for reporting.
- Timely provision of data – Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to ensure data is delivered to schedule and to correct specification.
- Proactively communicating analysis and insight through written reports and informal presentations to the team and wider stakeholders where appropriate.
- To carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by the Senior Data Systems Manager.
The perfect Data Analyst will have the following essential experience / skills:
- Experience in a similar role, as a systems analyst or Data/MI Analyst
- Experience of handling confidential data
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbally and written
- Experience of using different reporting tools to analyse and present information in a variety of formats.
- Experience of writing database queries of using SQL or other database languages to query systems for reporting purposes
- Strong service and technical competence with experience of supporting the development of Information Systems
- Experience of training others and supporting less confident users
- Excellent Excel skills
- Understanding of trend analysis and benchmarking
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
If you were to hold the following desirable skills, this would certainly benefit your application:
- Experienced user of Information Systems/databases
- Experience of the voluntary sector
- Experience of the care sector
- Other work experience within
- Power BI / DAX would be a distinct advantage
- Project management/project planning skills
Sound interesting? Contact us today! You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.