As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
AIX UNIX Administrator
AIX UNIX Administrator
£48,000 - £54,000, dependent on experience
Whyteleafe (CR3) - Relocating to Redhill
Benefits: 25-27 days holiday, onsite parking, pension, private healthcare, social events and fruit, snacks, cola and Ice cream in abundance!
My client is a market leading software and hosting services provider. They pride themselves on their highly skilled and forward-thinking IT team and offer a fantastic working environment as well as an incredibly exciting and diverse range of projects to work on.
Due to growth, they are looking for a knowledgeable AIX UNIX Administrator to join their team, to be responsible for the day-to-day operations, of approximately 40 LPARS consisting production, DR and test instances. The client will also consider applications from an Oracle DBA with experience of AIX administration.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in supporting IBM AIX 7 and IBM Power server technologies in a business infrastructure environment is a must as is systems management using IBM virtualisation technologies (VIO). NIM would be useful but not essential.
- Practice of administering and supporting multiple systems in a complex and distributed environment, including the day-to-day management of resources and issues including experience of using monitoring tools.
- The ability to install and support Oracle RDBMS and Application Servers (specifically Forms and Reports) would be highly desirable.
- Any working knowledge and experience of relevant scripting or automation practices in an enterprise environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of performance management, capacity planning and reporting techniques against business-critical systems.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft server technologies is desirable.
The AIX UNIX Administrator Daily Duties:
- Monitor system activity; and take proactive steps to improve performance and reliability on an ongoing basis.
- Must excel in troubleshooting and solving difficult problems.
- Must have system administration skills with methodical debugging techniques and the ability to troubleshoot issues with good engineering rigor.
- Ability to develop scripts and batch procedures as required to improve system functionality.
Ok, so over to you! The successful AIX UNIX Administrator will have:
- Experience of VIO installation, administration and patching
- Experience of AIX installation, administration and patching
- Experience of IBM Power Server installation, administration and firmware flashing
- Experience IBM hardware firmware upgrades
In return, my client can offer real career progression and the chance to develop your technical skills and career within a fantastic working environment.
Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.