Let’s face it, there are loads of recruitment agencies to choose from, 39,232 registered as trading in the UK to be precise. So how on earth...
Our Latest Vacancies
£100,000 - £110,000. Benefits including; working from home, semi-flexible working hours, free refreshments in the office, regular company and team social events, global company with huge growth, death in service, life assurance, 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service, training and career development and lots more!
- My client is the world’s leading sports and entertainment technology provider!
- My client is the secret weapon behind many of the world’s best-known sports federations, confederations, leagues and teams and they work with companies including FIFA, BT Sports, Channel 4, British Athletics, NFL and the Premier League.
- With 200+ industry awards won, 19 global offices and more than 1,000 employees, my client can offer an exceptional opportunity for candidates wanting to progress their career! Sound interesting? Read on…
An opportunity has arisen for a brilliant software engineering leader with a proven track record of building cross platform applications, excited about working in the OTT Video-On-Demand industry. We are looking for an accountable Technical Director to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines across a number of major projects.
This role would suit a Technical Director from a digital agency background, or a senior leader from within a services vendor environment. It’s vital that you have extensive experience in a high customer touch environment / experience of providing services.
The OTT Technical Director - Responsibilities:
Responsibility for projects across platforms and technologies including:
- iOS & tvOS
- Android & Android TV
- Typescript + ReactJs: progressive web app and HTML TV apps
- Requirements gathering, refinement and estimation
- Defining the architecture of OTT solutions
- The specification and delivery of projects using sound software engineering principles with a strong focus on user experience.
- Effective planning to deliver robust, modular and testable code
- Adhere and contribute to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and best practice
- Documentation, including (but not limited to) software design and technical specification.
- Keep abreast of new technology and opportunities in engineering that may be utilized by the company.
- Agile development following the Scrum methodology.
The Successful Technical Director – What We Are Looking For:
- Delivered projects as Technical Leader
- Experience driving development across multiple technology streams
- The ability to navigate complex challenges and solve interaction problems
- The ability to validate technical solutions through rapid prototyping
- A passion for learning the latest technologies and standards
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and tools
- Experience leading projects across different regions
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in working with third party vendors and integrating with external software
- Expertise in providing guidance to improve a team’s code quality by example, training and code review, helping to upskill team members
- Agile advocate mindset
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipeline set-up
- An ability to create and maintain comprehensive solution documentation
- Strong background in one or more of these core technologies; Android: Java/Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, Gradle. iOS: Swift, Alamofire, Kingfisher, IAP
In return, my client can offer an exceptional opportunity, working within an award-winning, global technology company, proven career opportunities and benefits including £100,000+ salary, Benefits including; working from home, semi-flexible working hours, free refreshments in the office, regular company and team social events, global company with huge growth, death in service, life assurance, 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service, training and career development and lots more!
Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.