Our Latest Vacancies
IT Support Engineer
£20,000 to £25,000
Croydon, Purley, CR8
My client is an extremely well established (1918) organisation who provide security solutions throughout the UK. They have 700 staff across 8 offices in the UK. They offer benefits such as 20 days holiday rising to 25, Private Medical, Company Pension Scheme, a 3% company contribution pension and Death in service benefit of 3 x annual salary.
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their busy team near Purley.
We need someone who prides themselves upon delivering exceptional customer service, has excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise workloads. Equally as important is that this is someone who thrives when working within a busy environment, is punctual and is looking to further their career in the IT sector.
The role will include logging and resolving IT support requests, setting up hardware, software and networks, and assisting end users.
The IT Support Engineer Duties:
- To provide IT Support to a range of staff members, the role will be primarily office based but will require occasional site visits in the UK therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
- Troubleshooting mobile email for remote users with Android / iPhone smartphones.
- General IT Administration duties such as laptop/desktop auditing and management.
- Liaising with 3rd party support providers.
- Managing the issuing of new IT equipment
- Documenting and managing the disposal of IT equipment
The IT Support Engineer Candidate Will Have:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Win7 and Win10)
- Solid networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Firewalls, VLANS)
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Terminal Services
- Strong knowledge of basic IT packages: Office, Outlook.
- Experience with file storage devices (NAS, SAN)
- Grass roots knowledge and understanding of PC builds, motherboards, CPUs, memory, disks etc.
- Experience with managing Windows Desktops/Laptops in a Windows AD environment.
- In addition, any knowledge of Linux and other open source software (mySQL), knowledge in cloud based services such as Google Apps for Business and salesforce, encryption software such as becrypt or similar and experience with Eset Anti-Virus Software would be a bonus, although is not a requirement!
In return my client can offer a fantastic working environment, an interesting and varied workload, the chance to develop your technical skills further and a great benefits package! Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.