Our Latest Vacancies
2nd Line Support Engineer
£25,000 – £28,000
Microsoft Certifications paid for, performance related bonus, private parking, fantastic offices, company days out, real career progression and lots more.
Working for a vibrant and forward-thinking IT support services organisation that is currently rapidly growing. They are looking for an experienced hands-on IT Support Engineer with a minimum of 3 years solid commercial experience in hardware repair, swap out, installation, break fix and maintenance on major brand servers, desktops and notebooks. They are looking for someone who is confident in both their technical capabilities, as well as working autonomously.
The opportunity within this role is huge! The client offers a proven career path, a fantastic working environment, the chance to develop your technical expertise considerably, and in addition they pay for Microsoft Certifications!
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must have a driving license.
Key responsibilities of 2nd Line Engineer:
- The role is centered on the support, maintenance and break/fix of both hardware and software located at their customers’ sites in the London area.
- The work will be predominantly on Microsoft Server 2008R2/2012/2016/SBS, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 & Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
- Installation, service, repair & break/fix of HP ProLiant & Dell PowerEdge Servers, Desktops & Notebooks.
- Installation, service, repair & break/fix of DSL & Lease Line Circuits and associated hardware.
- Diagnosing, Trouble-shooting and resolving IT issues on or before time in line with agreed SLA’s via both remote Telephone support and on site.
- Attend our annual maintenance sites/ data centers that operate on a 24/7/365 basis and swap out failed and degraded server components.
- Checking & Monitoring client servers and backups and responding to flagged failures.
- Installing service packs and critical updates onto managed client servers in and out of hours.
- Delivery & Deployment of Microsoft Products (New Install’s & Migrations)
- IT Systems & Network Auditing to assist the Technical Support Team & Sales Opportunity Identification.
- Domain Name Management, Transfers & DNS Control. Configuration of Linux & Windows Hosted Packages.
- Managing & Maintaining the Hosted Network & Systems Monitoring Application.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Commercial working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008R2/2012/2016/SBS & Exchange 2010/2013/2016 migration experience would be beneficial.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office product suites.
- Broad computer systems knowledge across all business sizes.
- Experienced and energetic seeker of solutions in cutting edge Information Technology.
- Good and personable communication skills.
- Good Networking Skills/Knowledge Routers & Switches (Cisco, HP, DrayTek, Netgear, Sophos)
- Applications, Security Products (Sophos, Cisco etc.), Backup (Veeam, Datto, etc.), Terminal Services (Microsoft & Citrix), PDA’s (Windows Mobile, Blackberry & iPhone)
- Other skills that would be beneficial include knowledge of IP Telephony (BroadSoft & Polycom) & Storage (NetApp, EMC, Equallogic & HP)
- Familiar with working from and with helpdesk software Auto Task, Connect Wise or similar.
- Implementation & Management of eMail Filtering Systems (MessageLabs, etc.)
- IT Helpdesk Management and resource scheduling experience is desirable.
In return the client can offer an outstanding working environment, as well as additional training and benefits (Microsoft certifications supported and paid for) as well as the chance to work with a growing organisation that can offer fantastic career progression and potential.
Sound interesting? Contact us today!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.