Following last month’s blog, “How will the CORONAVIRUS affect your job search and how to overcome it to find your dream Employer” we are...
Our Latest Vacancies
3rd Line Support Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
Experience of 2nd and 3rd Line IT Support. Experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting, and migrating Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010.
Working for a vibrant and forward-thinking IT support services organisation that is currently rapidly growing. They are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician with exceptional client facing skills and experience of working in an MSP / Managed Services / IT Support Company environment and with solid skills in 3rd Line Support to join their team on a permanent basis.
The opportunity within this role is huge! The client offers a proven career path, a fantastic working environment, the chance to develop your technical expertise considerably, and in addition they pay for Microsoft Certifications!
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must have a driving license and use of their own vehicle.
3rd Line Support:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years solid commercial experience working for an MSP in hardware repair, swap out, installation, break fix and maintenance on major brand servers, desktops & notebooks. Also needs to have good experience with design, implementation and migration of any Microsoft Infrastructure Products especially Exchange Messaging. Desirable candidates will have commercial experience in managing a team of engineers to deploy and deliver an IT Project.
They will possess a strong technical skill and have the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative, and must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends on a shared shift basis. Around 80% of the work is carried out remotely from our office based in Banstead, Surrey. There is also a large element of telephone work therefore excellent communication skills are essential.
- The role is centred on the support, maintenance and break/fix of both hardware and software located at our customer’s sites in the London area.
- The work will be predominantly on Microsoft Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 & Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
- Installation, service, repair & break/fix of HP ProLiant & Dell PowerEdge Servers, Desktops & Notebooks.
- Installation, service, repair & break/fix of DSL & Lease Line Circuits and associated hardware.
- Diagnosing, Trouble‐shooting and resolving IT issues on or before time in line with agreed SLA’s via both remote Telephone support and on site.
- Attend our annual maintenance sites/ data centres that operate on a 24/7/365 basis and swap out failed and degraded server components.
- Checking & Monitoring client servers and backups and responding to flagged failures.
- Installing service packs and critical updates onto managed client servers in and out of hours.
- Delivery & Deployment of Microsoft Products (New Install’s & Migrations) namely Active Directory Domains, Microsoft Exchange, Group Policy etc.
- Pre Sales IT Technical Support to Internal Sales Team & External Customers, Telephone & Customer Facing Meetings.
- IT Systems & Network Auditing to assist the Technical Support Team & Sales Opportunity Identification.
- Domain Name Management, Transfers & DNS Control. Configuration of Linux & Windows Hosted Packages.
- Managing & Maintaining the Hosted Network & Systems Monitoring Application.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be Microsoft Certified.
- Must have good working knowledge and commercial experience with Microsoft Server 2008R2/SBS/2012R2/2016
- Must have very good working knowledge and commercial experience with design, implementation and migration of Microsoft Infrastructure Products especially Exchange.
- Must have excellent Networking Skills/Knowledge of Routers, Firewalls & Switches (Cisco, HP, DrayTek, Netgear, Sophos)
- Applications, AV Products (Sophos etc.), Backup Products (Datto, Veeam), Remote Desktop Services (Microsoft & Citrix), and Virtualisation (Hyper‐V/VMware)
- Other skills that would be beneficial include knowledge of IP Telephony (BroadSoft & Polycom) & Storage (Dell EqualLogic & HP)
In return the client can offer an outstanding working environment, as well as additional training and benefits, as well as the chance to work with a growing organisation that can offer fantastic career progression and potential. Sound interesting? Contact us today!
Skills: Experience of 2nd and 3rd Line IT Support. Experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting, and migrating Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010. MCITP. Microsoft Certified IT Professional.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislatio.