Our Latest Vacancies
IT Systems Administrator
£35,000 - £48,000
Working for an incredibly prestigious and reputable organisation within the education sector, based in Middlesex, TW12. The organisation is one of the UK’s leading independent schools with an outstanding working environment in which the Systems Administrator can progress. The working environment is second to none, and the role offers benefits including a generous pension scheme, private health insurance, free lunches and free parking, plus lots more!
The IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for the Trust's IT systems on a day to day basis, ensuring that they are secure, reliable and that appropriate service levels are maintained. The successful candidate will be accountable for continuously reviewing the school’s systems and recommending suitable development and / or project work to the IT Systems Manager and Director of IT.
They will also lead in scoping systems requirements and delivering development work. The successful candidate will collaboratively work with the IT Systems Manager, IT Service Manager and IT Service Administrator.
Sound interesting? Apply Today!
The successful Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following areas;
Service Duties 50%
- Managing, maintaining and supporting the Trust’s IT systems, including their integrity, security, maintenance, availability and reliability.
- Daily monitoring of the performance of the Trust’s IT systems and reporting to the IT Systems Manager, and in absence Director of IT.
- Develop and action maintenance schedules.
- Updating the IT Service Manager or IT Service Administrator of any system issues that would impact service operation, and where appropriate first- and second-line staff.
- Plus more!
Systems and Development Duties 50%
- Regularly reviewing the Trust’s systems and providing recommendations to the IT Systems Manager and Director of IT on suitable improvements.
- Working with the IT Services team and stakeholders to appropriately specify and implement new (or changes to existing) systems and services in line with IT strategy.
- Leading on developing the Trust’s systems in line with legal obligations and operational needs.
- Delivering service requests and systems development in line with the department’s policies and processes.
- Plus more!
You will have Experience and Knowledge in:
- Developing, managing and supporting systems, services, networks, and infrastructure.
- Providing IT services for a large number of users (approx. 2000), such as filtered web access, data storage, email services, networked printing, backups, and various software packages.
- Current IT best practice, standards, and statutory requirements.
- Virtual platforms including servers, storage and backups.
- Multiple versions of Windows Server.
- Supporting SQL servers.
- Management information systems.
- Mobile device management systems.
- Active Directory setups.
- Email platforms, both local and cloud based.
- Network services such as DHCP, DNS, LDAP, 802.1x, wireless, and VPN.
- Firewall and filtering.
- Windows and Apple Mac systems, software and services.
Sound interesting and something you would be love to be part of? Apply today!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.