Our Latest Vacancies
Senior IT Technician
£30,000 - £35,000
Working for an incredibly prestigious and reputable organisation within the education sector, based in Middlesex, TW12. The organisation is one of the UK’s leading independent schools with an outstanding working environment in which the Systems Administrator can progress. The working environment is second to none, and the role offers benefits including a generous pension scheme, private health insurance, free lunches and free parking, plus lots more!
The senior IT technician is responsible for providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support at the school, whilst supporting other members of the team. The candidate must ensure they deliver a high-quality service to all users in line with the school’s service level agreements, and following the department policies, processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience in a similar type of role. They will ideally possess a recognised academic qualification or experience appropriate to the role. They must be able to comfortably provide support up to and including third line. Appropriate training will be made available for school specific systems, but the successful candidate must have existing skills, knowledge and approach in this area.
Sound interesting? Apply Today!
The successful IT Technician will be responsible for the following areas;
Operational Duties 70%
- Providing second-line and third-line support to all users / schools across the Trust in line with the helpdesk procedures and priorities.
- Providing first line support when required to do so.
- Fault solving recurring problems and implementing root fixes.
- Acting as an escalation role for the first- and second-line support staff, ensuring recurring issues are addressed.
- Ensuring appropriate service levels are maintained and issues resolved.
- Maintaining regular communication with users whilst resolving their logged issues.
- Plus more!
Project and Development Duties 30%
- Supporting in identifying IT service and client device improvements.
- Supporting the successful delivery of any new projects or development priorities.
- Participating in creating departmental processes and procedures, linked to agreed policies.
- Working with the systems team to obtain ‘on the job’ and handover training for any new developments or changes.
- Supporting the systems team to install, support and maintain IT hardware and services.
- Driving personal continued professional development, in line with the school’s CPD model and IT requirements.
- Supporting the IT technician and apprentice’s development plans linked to the Trust’s strategy / requirements.
Sound interesting and something you would be love to be part of? Apply today!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.