Our Latest Vacancies
IT Enterprise Architect
£65,000 - £75,000 basic salary
Performance related bonus (between 10% - 18%), generous financial services pension scheme, life assurance, share options, and lots more.
Our client, is a large Retail and Commercial Bank based in the UK who operate globally working across current accounts, Credit Cards, Insurance, Loans, Mortgages and Savings and Investments. They are looking for an experienced IT Enterprise Architect to report directly into the CIO, to be responsible for the design, creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models and their lower level components
The EA is required to maintain up-to-date documentation/schematics of the technology estate suitable for consumption and discussion with all levels of stakeholder from Director through technologist.
The Enterprise Architect is expected to continually ensure value, security and quality from the IT assets whilst proactively avoiding technology obsolescence and risk. The Enterprise Architect should ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are all in line with the organisation’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
IT Enterprise Architect – Primary Responsibilities:
Recommend, implement and maintain activities related to the design and continual improvement of the Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- IT/technology architecture models
- Manage the local IT/technology architecture activities to ensure:
- Adherence to Group standards
- Proactive identification and resolution of technology obsolescence and risk
- Simplicity and security by design
- The best value-based decision making
- The business is not constrained by technology
- Relevant emerging technology advances are always considered
- Research overall IT solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs
- Support the CIO in the creation and maintenance of an IT Strategy that aligns and underpins the business goals and objectives in a sustainable and cost-effective way
- Conduct and/or actively participate in meetings related to potential technology solutions with stakeholders and/or supplier partners
- Collaborate with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine the optimal one from a technology perspective
- Define the technology solution at a high level, brokering Group approval where required
- Identify implementation risks and analyse potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of defined business objectives
IT Enterprise Architect – Candidate Requirements:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role on a similar scale
- Have previously worked in a formal structured environment such as financial services, insurance or similar regulated industry
- Previous experience working in a complex IT environment comprising of both internal and external IT providers with shared Group company infrastructure and services
- Practical experience of implementing EA disciplines using good practice processes, such as TOGAF, adapted to meet the needs of the organisation.
- TOGAF 9 (or equivalent) Foundation or Certified preferred
- A broad understanding of current and emerging technologies and their relative application in solving business problems (e.g. Cloud, AI, robotics, programming languages, storage management, networks, web based services, IT infrastructure, IT application methodology and tools, information consumer, provider and brokering applications.
- Demonstrable experience of designing good practice EA processes tailored to the individual needs of a business; implementing control, governance, cost and time efficiency, with agility and optimal customer experience
- Demonstrable and solid experience of programme, project, data, change and value management
- Excellent understanding of asset management, service level agreements and migration planning. The ability to story tell, explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and create following.
In return, our client can offer outstanding career opportunity, a generous basic salary as well as a competitive benefits package which includes a performance related bonus of between 10% - 18%, a good pension scheme, life assurance, share options and lots more!
Sound interesting? Apply today or call 01883 330336 for a confidential discussion.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.