Our Latest Vacancies
IT Solutions Architect
£55,000 - £65,000 basic salary
Performance related bonus (between 10% - 18%), generous financial services pension scheme, life assurance, share options, and lots more.
Our client, is a large Retail and Commercial Bank based in the UK who operate globally working across current accounts, Credit Cards, Insurance, Loans, Mortgages and Savings and Investments. They are looking for an experienced IT Solutions Architect to be responsible for translating business requirements, combined with the Enterprise Architecture Vision, into technical solutions that will meet or exceed the requirements of the business, whilst providing a secure, stable, recoverable and supportable technology environment.
The SA will be required to balance the needs of all stakeholders to obtain the desired business outcomes through technical leadership of projects and/or service delivery incidents/problems/initiatives. The SA will need the skills to provide guidance to the various stakeholders concerning any issues relating to the solution being implemented (e.g. technical design, development methodology, the business impact certain technical choices are likely to have, etc.).
The SA is expected to have a broad, but deep, technical, understanding, of information technology and solution delivery. The SA must be able to work across the business, applications, data and infrastructure domains and apply their technical knowledge and experience to solve broad, project or enterprise wide, issues, as required.
IT Solutions Architect – Primary Responsibilities:
Support the Enterprise Architect in the design, governance and maintenance of a company- wide Enterprise Architecture
- Technical documentation mapping the estate and technology integration and keeping it current
- Investigating new technologies that would add value
- Technical lead and ownership of all technology obsolescence work
- Support Service Delivery by providing technical insight and understanding to technical changes, service requests, incidents and problems
- Collaborate with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine the optimal one from a technology perspective
- Define the technology solution at a high level, brokering Group approval where required
- Identify implementation risks and analyse potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of defined business objectives
- Support project managers as technical lead in designated project(s)
- Participate in technology/provider selection
- Participate in the creation and operation of Proof of Concept solutions as and when required
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role on a similar scale
- Have previously worked in a formal structured environment such as financial services, insurance or similar regulated industry
- Previous experience working in a complex IT environment comprising of both internal and external IT providers with shared Group company infrastructure and services
Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the following technologies; Cloud, Microsoft technology stack, wide and local area networking, data warehousing, ETL, .NET, Oracle, Informatica PowerCenter, SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence, SAS, Power BI, Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience of operating in an ITIL compliant environment designing and implementing technical solutions across all domains (business, data, applications and infrastructure)
- Solid project, resource management and analytical skills with a good eye for detail. The ability to story tell, explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and create following
In return, our client can offer outstanding career opportunity, a generous basic salary as well as a competitive benefits package which includes a performance related bonus of between 10% - 18%, a good pension scheme, life assurance, share options and lots more!
Sound interesting? Apply today or call 01883 330336 for a confidential discussion.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.