Our Latest Vacancies
Salary: £18,000 – £25,000
Skills: Strong communicator, hardware and software knowledge, IT Trainee, MS Office,
Benefits: On-site parking, 24 days holiday, pension, medical insurance and more
Hours: Monday to Friday, 36 hour week on a slight shift basis, starting 07:30/08:00/08:30
Working within a reputable organisation which is part of a multi-academy trust within the education sector, this is a rare opening within the ICT Team for a focused and driven individual with a passion for all things technical.
What will your working week be like?
Reporting to the ICT Technician, you will be on hand to provide day to day support to both staff and students, as required, in the use of ICT. You will be responsible for the effective day to day maintenance of all of the school’s ICT equipment - helping to foster confidence through the development of self-help skills leading to a fuller understanding of how to use the ICT equipment and it’s potential.
Duties will include:
- To carry out approved routine maintenance and repair of equipment within recommended levels of training and competence
- Advise and assist teachers and students, as required, on how specific software and learning programmes are used within health and safety guidelines
- Contribute to students general knowledge of PCs, helping to advise on basic user skills
- Carry out routine checks including printer maintenance and undertake repairs to simple faults – e.g. blown fuses, bulb replacement etc.
- Liaise with the outsourced team for service repairs and other services, keeping a record of repairs undertaken
- To support teachers in the delivery of teaching and learning through the integration of ICT into classroom and school pupils’ club activities
- To carry out approved, routine maintenance and repair of equipment within recommended levels of training and competence and order consumables and resources under guidance and instruction
Who will this role suit
Working within a school environment, you must have the ability to liaise with other staff and young students confidently; you will be managing a varied workload and will need to prioritise adequately.
Essential skills include:
- Good general level of education with GCSE level qualifications in English and Maths grade C or above
- Understanding of the main hardware and software components of a PC
- Understanding of impact of Health & Safety and Data Protection legislation in the context of ICT systems
- Basic experience of document creation and management
- Practical abilities in undertaking minor day-to-day repairs and solving simple practical problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and pupils of various ages
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability e.g. ensuring that equipment is ready for use to meet teaching commitments
- Ability to prioritise a large number of tasks effectively and work as part of a team
You will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in order to be successful for this role.
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.