Our Latest Vacancies
A global leader for the sport business: digital, mobile, social, broadcast, results, content and professional services. This company enables sport federations, event organisers, broadcasters, brands, teams and athletes to elevate their sports, accelerating performance and connecting to fans.
Working with well-known clients such UEFA, England Rugby and the BBC and whether it be through a tablet or App, live broadcast, commentary or social media campaigns this company bring your favourite sport to life!
If you have a passion for sport keep reading!
More about the role
The role required is based out of their Wimbledon office and will be focused primarily on our digital operations hosted in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba Cloud. The Junior Cloud Engineer should support their ongoing software development and operations, he/she will be part of the team assisting the developers in the continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and testing of the code.
As a technology company, my client uses the latest technology to run their services in the cloud so they are looking for people who are passionate about technology and are excited to learn and use the latest toolsets and techniques. They are using containerization, serverless computing and platform-as-a-service offerings from the major cloud vendors to run their services delivering websites and video to audiences on a global scale.
My client uses a largely Microsoft based stack including Visual Studio, TFS and Microsoft Azure however their platforms are designed to run on any cloud solution and dedicated infrastructure. Given the role supports live sports events, candidates must be available for occasional work during weekends and evenings.
- Deploy and maintain cloud system architectures guaranteeing high availability, top performance and reliability being involved in continuous operation and improvements.
- Support continuous integration and continuous delivery of our software
- Maintain container-based hosting environments
- Provide live operational support to key projects ensuring that all services are running and monitoring key performance metrics.
- Respond to incidents, identify root cause and fix related problems.
- Help in automate project setup and configuration
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the cloud platform offerings (Azure preferred)
- Understanding of DevOps best practices
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts.
- Being able to properly communicate both in English (spoken and written).
- Experience or good knowledge in sysadmin of Windows
- Some knowledge of cloud automation and infrastructure provisioning tools
- A passion for new technology and the emerging media landscape
- Experience with Content Distribution Networks (Akamai preferred)
- Knowledge of TFS and release management
- Some knowledge in orchestration of Docker containers (Kubernetes preferred)
- Some knowledge of best practice for cloud IT security
- Knowledge of NoSQL database (MongoDB preferred)
- Linux server management
- Interest in sport
- Enjoy the intellectual challenge, the technical difficulties
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.