Our Latest Vacancies
Automated Test Analyst
£35,000 to £40,000
Our client, an exceptional financial services organisation who operate globally, are looking for an experienced Automation Test Analyst, to be responsible for performing Test Preparation and Test Execution activities on a high profile strategic project currently underway.
We are looking for an experienced Tester with skills in automation testing as well as experience of executing System Test, System Integration and UAT Test Cases as well as HP Quality Centre / ALM.
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of applications and systems that in turn support SCUK business and customers. The role of the Automation Test Analyst is to develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts for applications and systems prior to their launch into the live environment to ensure they meet the highest standards.
Duties and responsibilities will include more than just running tests; the Automation Test Analyst will be an active participant in the entire software development process. They will collaborate with both business teams and the software development teams, including 3rd party organisations.
The Automation Test Analyst will possess strong technical skills, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail to support and lead the introduction of automation within the BAU Test Team. They will champion best practice which will include implementing new tools and methodologies where required.
The Automated Test Analyst will be responsible for:
- Set-up and deliver test automation framework for various systems and applications
- Select the relevant tools to implement an automation testing framework within a reasonable time frame
- Continually develop and improve test methods, tools and techniques, including the test automation framework
- Review manual test scripts and identify scenarios for automation
- Create and manage the automation planning activities, ensuring that all are to time, quality and as per agreed standards.
The Test Analyst Candidate – Over to You! Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HP UFT/QTP and ALM/Quality Centre
- Demonstrable experience of producing and executing UFT/QTP scripts integrated with ALM/Quality centre
- Proven ability to introduce and build a test automation framework from scratch
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile project management frameworks desirable
- Experience within the financial sector beneficial
- An understanding of the software development and testing lifecycles
- Experience of manual testing
- Understanding of fault management and tracking
- Experience of using HP ALM/Quality Centre or similar test management tool
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise on a technical level with Business Analysts, Developers and Operations to gain required knowledge for the design and creation of testing plans, scripts and supporting documents
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to understand, communicate & manage risk of delivery
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work across multiple initiatives adjusting to shifting priorities
- Solid worth ethic with excellent attention to detail
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.