Valentine's Day The month of romance is upon us. Supermarkets and shops are bustling with flowers of all colours, chocolates of all flavours and...
Our Latest Vacancies
Salary Negotiable, DOE
Crawley, West Sussex
You will be working for a leading global company with their head office based in the US. They have offices in the UK, across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. This is an excellent opportunity to be the first technical employee of the UK office and to take ownership of the organisations application portfolio. You will also be entitled to 23 days per year annual holiday plus bank holidays, a 35 hours per week, Pension (employee 5%, employer 5%), Salary Sacrifice, Allocated parking space, Death in Service Benefit (4 x Salary), Employee Assistance Programme, Income Protection and Company Sick Pay Scheme.
More about them…
A global manufacturer and distributor of fire protection products. My client manufactures the highest quality and most innovative fire sprinklers, valves and special systems on the market; distributes a full line of best in class system components; and backs it up with premier customer service.
What will your working week be like?
Working out of the UK Crawley office with the IT systems being run by the corporate head office in Liberty, USA. As such from a legal and contractual view, this position will report through to the Finance Director of the UK business. Operational activities of the role will be set by the Systems Manager from the USA with this position reporting through there in addition to the UK.
Responsible for the company’s application portfolio which includes database maintenance, coding, upgrades, and resolving database performance issues
- Creates and maintains processes for monitoring system quality and availability
- Collaborates with end users to help refine their processes, designs, and translates requirements into needed system specifications and improvements
- Assists in the designs of automated modules/applications that meet business objectives
- Maintains current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods, and operation requirements
- Works closely with all user departments
- Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment
- Provides on‐call support for all locations, including miscellaneous helpdesk assistance for computer, phone, printer, etc.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and client‐server concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 IBMi, ASI, Sharepoint, Screen Design, Report Design, and Profound Logic
- Knowledge of Programming Languages COBOL, RPG, SQL, Query/400, CL, XML, and FTP on an IBMi
- Degree (Or Equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems or Related Field
- 5 + years in Programming in COBOL and RPG within a manufacturing/distribution environment is preferred
Interested to hear more? Apply now or feel free to call us on 01883 330 336 quoting Ref: CR/15654
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.