Valentine's Day The month of romance is upon us. Supermarkets and shops are bustling with flowers of all colours, chocolates of all flavours and...
Our Latest Vacancies
IT Application Support
My client are the UK’s largest and most successful charity within their chosen specialism. Established for over 90 years, they are a thriving organisation who are extremely proud of their achievements and success!
Since the humble beginnings, the dedication and commitment of their volunteers and staff has never waned. Surviving war and recession and defying the odds, our aim remains the same as it did in 1927!
As an IT Applications Technologist, you will help to maintain a high level of availability and integrity for all of the organisations IT systems.
Main responsibilities of the role:
Ensure all assigned immediate development work, upgrades, and support requests are dealt with to agreed levels of service and customer satisfaction; whilst supporting and assisting with other staff within the IT Applications team and across the IT department.
Assist the ‘IT Applications Manager’ by understanding and adhering to the strategies, plans, and goals for IT Applications. Ensure that all assigned upgrade & implementation project work is completed professionally & documented, on time, and is to agreed specifications.
Please note - this role requires excellent SQL skills (with a minimum of two years’ experience in a support/development role). A basic knowledge of C# .Net would be advantageous.
Additionally, your duties will involve:
- Performing (and occasionally leading) projects for new IT system implementations and upgrades
- Assisting the IT Applications Manager to work within project budgets and expenditure
- Writing user documentation and guidelines that are easy to understand
- Adhering to security and confidentiality policies
- Identifying ways to further improve our IT operations
As part of your role, you may occasionally be required to travel to other sites throughout the UK. Being a driver is essential.
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in an IT support/development role
- Excellent SQL skills
- A basic knowledge of C#.NET projects would be advantageous
- Previous experience of providing internal customer-facing IT support
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS and applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of IT hardware and software
- The ability to travel throughout the UK as required
So, what’s in it for you?
- An exciting career path
- Working for an organisation that values its employees
- Excellent benefits package
- Be part of an unbelievable, proud organisation
Now over to you….
If you think this Application Support role is perfect for you, we look forward to hearing from you! Please do get in touch today!!!
IT Support, Application Support, Application Technologist, Systems, Implementation, Upgrades, Projects, Documentations, Development, SQL, C#, .Net, Microsoft, Hardware, Software.
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.