Valentine's Day The month of romance is upon us. Supermarkets and shops are bustling with flowers of all colours, chocolates of all flavours and...
Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Operations Engineer
A global leader for the sport business: digital, mobile, social, broadcast, results, content and professional services. This company enables sport federations, event organisers, broadcasters, brands, teams and athletes to elevate their sports, accelerating performance and connecting to fans.
Working with well-known clients such UEFA, England Rugby and the BBC and whether it be through a tablet or App, live broadcast, commentary or social media campaigns this company bring your favourite sport to life!
If you have a passion for sport keep reading!
The Ideal Person
Our client is looking to hire a technical individual with knowledge and experience in video streaming and IT application infrastructure to provide support to internal and external clients on a shift basis during live sport matches (Football, Golf, Tennis, etc).
The successful applicant will join a team whose tasks are to support the operations and configuration of our expanding portfolio of online video players and video solutions for multiple high-profile clients in the sporting and broadcasting world. This is a technically demanding role and requires the individual to be a strong team player, possess the ability to multitask, and be able to perform calmly and efficiently under pressure. They must demonstrate a blend of technical skills and responsibility in order to perform their job well.
The right candidate will also have plenty of opportunities to help improve the technical operational workflows and develop new processes. In addition, applicants should be keen and quick to learn new technical skills, a passion for Sport is extremely valuable for this role and ability to work flexible hours is mandatory, as due to the nature of our work, evening and weekend shifts will be necessary.
What will your working week be like?
- Providing live operational support to key projects ensuring that all services are running while monitoring software and hardware key performance metrics.
- Supporting the video encoding technologies used by the company.
- Monitoring the hosting platforms before and during operational events.
- Operating and Monitoring live video encoding and packaging for live sporting events.
- Ensuring that operations run smoothly, by creating and following operational and technical job sheets and checklists.
- Ensuring that all monitoring is set up appropriately and efficiently.
- Working with various hosting platforms on premises, Azure/AWS cloud to monitor and configure applications.
- Working with Microsoft Azure to deploy and support hosting services.
- Supporting Windows Server, Active directory and DNS.
- Organising project related travel and logistics where required
Who will suit this role?
- Excellent all-round IT support skills.
- Experience working with Live online video streaming.
- Willingness to work late shifts and weekends, given the timing of global sports operations.
- Experience working with cloud service providers like MS Azure, AWS and/or Alibaba
- Good PowerShell and/or command line skills very desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (able to clearly and credibly explain technical concepts, issues and solutions to people who may not have the same technical background).
- Has ideally worked in an external client-facing technical role.
- Confident to make decisions to resolve issues with limited supervision.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and highly pressured environment.
- Able to follow and produce reliable, clear and quality (process) documentation.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of technologies mentioned.
- Experience working as a web administrator with IIS experience, very advantageous.
- Degree educated with a science or technology focus (desirable).
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation