Valentine's Day The month of romance is upon us. Supermarkets and shops are bustling with flowers of all colours, chocolates of all flavours and...
Our Latest Vacancies
System Support Analyst
£28,000 to £32,000 DOE plus benefits
Our client, a unique and innovative retail provider with a strong and global-looking vision are seeking an Application Support Analyst. The client looks for candidates who love being involved in their work, take pride and ownership over their role and strive for excellence in everything they do. Our client will reward this outlook with recognition and they will listen to your ideas, as well as excellent benefits and training opportunities.
If you want to work in a company who are pioneering and appreciative of their staff, then keep reading…
Daily duties of their Application Support Analysts:
- Support the Technology team to deliver the company and department strategy, being an ambassador for the Technology department, demonstrating high levels of customer service and being recognised as a technical authority
- Provide hands on application and integration support and maintenance. Resolving incidents and service requests assigned to the ticket queue, liaising with other members of IT and the user community as appropriate, ensuring that business impact is minimised and that steps to mitigate future reoccurrence (reduce likelihood and/or business impact) are identified and followed up.
- Provide proactive technical leadership with a commercial and delivery focus ensuring quality across all projects, development and support initiatives.
- Ensure documentation that falls within the scope of the applications team is produced and maintained to a high quality.
- Manage and maintain all core systems environments including but not limited to the following;
- Code deployments
- Software deployments and updates
- Systems Administration & support
- Environment monitoring & alerting
- To manage your workload, prioritise and understand impact of support tickets and to build relationships with colleagues & service partners to ensure all services are delivered to the appropriate level of quality and agreed SLA. To participate in Service Review meetings where required
- Be a technical contact taking ownership and sharing responsibility for the company’s core applications, BI systems environments and backups. Partaking in change and release processes, managing technical applications projects, administering systems and databases alongside 3rd party partners and ensuring availability & uptime of core systems at all times.
- Integrating the support of new applications and small changes into existing support processes, actively participating in training/handover sessions to acquire the necessary knowledge, producing new documentation and sometimes assisting in the design and deployment
- Proactively seeking out ways to improve the service provided and driving the improvements through to delivery
- Providing out of hours and bank holiday support when required, on a rota basis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least two years’ demonstrable experience of supporting a variety of applications
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Some retail or warehouse experience
- Experience deployment new software and updates
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.