Valentine's Day The month of romance is upon us. Supermarkets and shops are bustling with flowers of all colours, chocolates of all flavours and...
Our Latest Vacancies
Front End Developer
£26 to £30k plus £3k bonus
A fantastic, global insurance provider are seeking a Front-End Developer to join their Creative Design Team. Based a stone’s throw from a train station, tram stops and bus stops, you will be in the heart of the busy and bustling Croydon.
Reporting to the Creative Design Manager, this role will work closely with the rest of the Creative Design Team, Digital Marketing team and IT. Responsibilities will include translating UI/UX design wireframes into code for the production of websites, emails, banners and any other code dependant projects. You will also be expected to work within the client’s CMS system to improve existing websites’ performance.
You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how websites look, as well as how users interact with them.
You will have the opportunity to work with some very well-known brands in a friendly, down to earth environment that encourages new ideas to improve their customers’ and clients’ digital experience.
- Work on a major project to optimise and upgrade the online sales journey
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Follow correct processes and procedures for sign-off of code before passing to back end development teams
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Working within a CMS to maintain and improve websites
- Work on adhoc projects assigned to you by the Creative Design Manager
- Work well as part of a team but will also feel comfortable working on their own
- Building marketing collateral such as emails and HTML5 web banners
- Prototype websites
- Provide technical support to Digital Marketing
- Work with IT development teams when required
The right person:
- Are a positive influence on everyone around them
- Are very passionate, driven and loves what they do
- Are keen to learn new things
- Are adaptable to different situations
- Are proactive and identifies, plans and executes where improvements can be made
- Have a high attention for detail
- Are organised and schedules all of their work
- Proficient understanding of web markup and frame works, including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of HTML email build and the particularities of each email provider (gmail, outlook, etc)
- Experience working with backend IT development teams
- Experience working with design and marketing teams
- Keeps up to date with industry trends, knowing what is changing and strives to not just keep up but be ahead
- Confident communicator who is self-motivated
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of technical SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them
- Educated to degree level in a computer sciences, design or equivalent subject matter
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Experience with content management systems (Adobe, Tridion will be a plus)
- Understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- App development knowledge
- Digital design & production capabilities
In return the client is offering a generous basic salary, with outstanding benefits as well as the chance to work with a huge national organisation and well-known brand.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.