Valentine's Day The month of romance is upon us. Supermarkets and shops are bustling with flowers of all colours, chocolates of all flavours and...
Our Latest Vacancies
IT Project Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000
East Sussex, Newhaven
Are you looking for a company that will utilise your IT skills whilst nurturing your hidden talents and progressing your career? My client have strong, ethical values and standards and a healthy team working ethos where the views and input of all employees is valued. They are highly customer focused, proactive in everything they do and always put the client first. Work for a company who have a great family feel and culture, they work hard but have fun whilst doing so!
Are you right for them?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced project engineer with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to join this business, a leading MSP and provider of IT & VoIP Telephony services based in Newhaven.
They are looking for someone who has the skills to do the job, but perhaps more importantly, they are looking for someone who has the right attitude and who shares their mission in making customers IT problems, their problem and giving them an excellent experience whilst doing it.
What more could you want?
Along with the great role and opportunities, they provide the following to all staff:
- Westfield Health cashback
- Annual worldwide Travel insurance
- Long Term sickness insurance
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Personal accident cover
- 4+ team social events per year
- Local Gym Discount
- They buy everyone in the company lunch on the Friday at the end of each month to bring everyone together!
What will your working week be like?
Your role as Project Engineer will be delivering IT Projects which cover a wide range of infrastructure and desktop technologies. This role would perfectly suit an already experienced project engineer who has experience delivering projects and is comfortable working independently.
- Undertake technical reviews of the IT infrastructure of potential new clients, capturing sufficient data to enable us to bid for business accurately.
- Recommend changes in the infrastructure for existing and potential new clients to meet the client needs.
- Undertake the technical design for potential infrastructure changes, or other projects to enable a full costing to be undertaken.
- Ensure that all projects are well planned, considering reasonable timescales to complete the work, contingency, risk planning, resource availability and client expectations.
- Carefully plan the technical and operational aspects of agreed projects, collaborating and communicating internally and where necessary with the client to ensure that all elements of the project have been incorporated into the plan and are well understood.
- Undertake technical implementation activities, either stand-alone for small projects or as part of a team for larger projects, either on client sites or remotely from our HQ.
- Act as the main point of contact with clients on designated projects to manage expectations, provide regular project reporting and to support clients in the delivery of their own responsibilities within the projects.
- Following project completion, ensure that all project work is carefully and fully documented and formally handed over to the Service Desk and Infrastructure teams
- Minimum of 4 years IT support experience as senior technical role within an MSP environment
- Experience in scope, design and implementation of projects for clients in the small to medium enterprise space
- Experience implementing, supporting and migrating Microsoft Windows Server operating systems 2003, 2008/2008R2, 2012/2012R2 & 2016
- Experience implementing, supporting and migrating backup solutions (Examples: StorageCraft, Veeam, Azure)
- Enterprise storage installation, configuration and troubleshooting (Examples: Fibre channel, ISCSI, SAN and NAS)
- Experience configuring and supporting phone systems (Examples: Gamma Horizon, 3CX or other hosted VoIP)
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Windows client operating systems: Windows 7 – Windows 10
Apply now for further information, you do not want to miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.