Our Latest Vacancies
IT Test Analyst
£30,000 to £35,000 pro rata
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our client, an exceptional financial services organisation who operate globally, are looking for an experienced Test Analyst to join them on a Fixed Term Contract, to be responsible for planning and executing the testing of applications and systems prior to their launch into the live environment. However, this role is much more than just testing.
More about them…
One of the UK’s leading independent finance companies with over half a million live customer agreements. They provide a range of products designed for purchase of personal and business vehicles. Their finance and related products are distributed via a network of dealers and intermediary introducers, and also through partnerships with selected car and motorcycle manufacturers.
What will your working week be like?
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of applications and systems that in turn support the business and customers. The role of an IT Test Analyst is to plan and execute the testing of applications and systems prior to their launch into the live environment. Duties and responsibilities will include more than just running tests.
The IT Test Analyst will be an active participant in the entire software development process. They will collaborate with both business teams and the software development teams, including 3rd party organisations, during the start-up phase of a project; right up to the point of live use. The BAU Test Analyst will also be involved in the software review process, as they are typically the person who identifies faults in software and presents them to the software development teams. It is a position that requires a keen attention to detail and skills in small group communication.
The following experience could make you an ideal applicant:
- Minimum 3 years’ practical experience in a similar role within the business or IT
- Demonstrable experience of planning and executing software, application and infrastructure testing plans
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile project management frameworks desirable
- Experience within the financial sector beneficial
- An understanding of the end-to-end process of an IT project lifecycle
- Understanding of Fault Tracking
- Experience of using HP ALM or Quality Centre
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise on a technical level with Business Analysts, Developers and Operations to gain required knowledge for the design and creation of testing plans, scripts and supporting documents
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work across multiple initiatives adjusting to shifting priorities
- Solid worth ethic with attention to detail
- Flexibility with the ability to multi-task
Interested to hear more? Apply now or feel free to call us on 01883 330 336 quoting Ref: CR/15554
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.