More than just an unsolicited phone call, more than just a meme; we are actually a pretty efficient team. Let’s not beat around the bush,...
Our Latest Vacancies
Database Administrator / DBA
£35,000 - £40,000 plus outstanding benefits including generous bonus, holiday, pension, training and lots more!
Key Skills: Oracle. Database Administrator. RMAN. DBA. 10g. Application Server. Oracle SQL. PL/SQL. Solaris. AIX Scripting. ITIL. Technical Support. IT Operations. Oracle Financials. Oracle HCM r12. Oracle Retail Applications.
About the Company:
My client, one of the UK’s largest and most successful retailers, are looking for a candidate to be responsible for the maintenance of Oracle databases and IT operations of production systems. You will be a key member of the IT operations team, supporting critical production systems including Retek, Oracle HCM, Oracle Financials, Data Warehouse, Horizon, Intactix and IntelliQ.
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator with the ability to support systems, and experience of Oracle databases, Oracle 10g Application Server, Oracle SQL and Solaris and AIX Scripting.
My client are currently going through a period of growth therefore this is a fantastic time to join them. They can offer an exceptional career path and benefits including a generous bonus scheme (up to 30%), 25 – 30 days holiday, pension, training budget, discounts and lots more!
The Junior Database Administrator Purpose / Responsibilities:
- Oracle DBA - to work in a team based in the UK ensuring the smooth operations of applications and Oracle databases, and to provide support to fix problems and proactively implement preventative measures.
- IT Operations - To proactively monitor critical production systems and take any preventative action to ensure system stability. Perform daily checks.
- Monitor the operation of regular backups of Production systems.
- Run regular User and System Audits of Production Systems.
- Develop, document and implement changes using the change and transition management process.
- The IT Operations Junior Database Administrator role has junior responsibility for proactive maintenance and reactive support of Oracle databases. To go on out-of-hours call-out as part of a support rota.
The Database Administrator – Over to You! Our Perfect Candidate Will Have:
- Good technical knowledge of Oracle databases (versions 10g and later).
- Oracle 10g Application Server.
- RMAN preferred
- Good knowledge of Oracle SQL (and basic knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL).
- Good knowledge of Solaris and AIX scripting.
- Experience of an IT service support and/or delivery role.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and passed ITIL(R) Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (ITILF).
- Problem and change manaly 0gement experience and experience of implementing processes and new ideas.
- In addition, any knowledge of Oracle Financials 11i and Oracle HCM r12 and their database requirements on a Solaris and AIX platform / Oracle Retail applications and their database requirements on AIX platforms and Microsoft SQL databases would be a bonus, although is not a requirement!
My client are currently going through a period of growth therefore this is a fantastic time to join them. They can offer an exceptional career path and benefits including a generous bonus scheme (up to 30%), 25 – 30 days holiday, pension, training budget, discounts and lots more! Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply Today!
Have you downloaded our mobile app? You can apply for this and many other jobs using our Mobile App, just search “YourRecruit IT” in your Apple Store or Google Play!
Key Skills: Oracle. Database Administrator. DBA. 10g. Application Server. Oracle SQL. PL/SQL. Solaris. AIX Scripting. ITIL. Technical Support. IT Operations. Oracle Financials. Oracle HCM r12. Oracle Retail Applications.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.