People have been working parents since the beginning of mankind. Whether you were working as a hunter-gatherer, within farming or building, back...
Our Latest Vacancies
Contract Infrastructure Support Engineer - Pontefract
£18- £25 per hour
Key Skills: Contractor. Infrastructure Support Engineer. IT Support. 2nd Line. Wintel. iOS. VMWare. Cisco. ITIL. Windows. Server. Office 365. Cloud Support. Active Directory. Group Policy. Exchange. HP, Dell, Storage. NetBackup, VEEAM, Mobile Device Management. LAN, WAN, IP Voice, CCENT, Mitel, Service Now, Top Desk.
Our client are one of the UK’s largest and most successful retailers, with a number of exciting projects in the pipeline for 2018, and the need to take on a number of experienced IT Infrastructure Support Engineers on a contract basis. There is huge scope for extension, other opportunities within the business and even the chance to go permanent if this is of interest.
The Contract Infrastructure Support Engineer Role:
The team provide support to a number of locations across the UK, including;
- Remote and onsite support for end users.
- Replacement and repairs of PC’s laptops, iPhones and iPads.
- Support for all live servers and services including monitoring, updating and repairing.
This role sits within the Infrastructure Services Team (Infrastructure Engineers) whom provide support, stability, integrity and enhancement of the business based in the UK. The job holder will be jointly responsible for supporting the infrastructure environment and client services ensuring systems comply with the IT strategy and are monitored, secured, maintained and perform in accordance with agreed SLA's.
The Contract Infrastructure Support Engineer Duties:
- Technically manage the operational infrastructure environment. (Cisco, Wintel, iOS, VMWare).
- Provide network support to all sites, complying with ITIL processes.
- Monitoring uptime and availability of the core and customer specific networks.
- Liaison with 3rd party support providers to maintain network availability, fault resolution.
- Provide secondary application support to all sites. Ensure incident escalations are dealt with in a timely fashion, and ITIL processes such as Change Control are being adhered to.
- Be included in the 24x7 call out service as part of the agreed rota.
- Provide and maintain client hardware for the user community.
- Ensure that the asset management system is updated for all PC, server, printer and laptop changes.
The Contract Infrastructure Support Engineer Will Have the Following Technical Skills / Experience:
- MS Windows 7 & 8 & 10, Server 2003, 2008 & 2012
- MS Office 2010 & 2016.
- Office 365 Cloud Support
- Active Directory and Microsoft core services, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Exchange 2013
- HP & Dell storage, server and workstation
- Virtualisation using VMWare vSphere 5.5
- NetBackup & VEEAM
- Mobile Device Management
- Enterprise endpoint security experience
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- LAN and WAN troubleshooting
- IP Voice and Telephone support
In addition, any of the following would be a welcome bonus, although is not a requirement;
- Vendor certification; Microsoft and VMWare, CCENT qualified, Dell EqualLogic iSCSI SAN, Mitel MX Telephone Controller, basic understanding of Microsoft SQL and Oracle, Service Now or Top Desk, MobileIron remote device management, Sophos Safeguard encryption and AV, SAN Storage experience, Apple Mac, iPhone and iPad devices, Adobe Creative Suite, understanding of VPN and experience of Junos Pulse, RSA and Juniper.