I am sure you will have heard of GDPR by now, it seems everybody in business is talking about it - and worrying about it! It is a piece of...
Our Latest Vacancies
PHP Developer / Web Developer
£26,000 to £31,000 plus benefits (Inc. 25 days annual leave, private health scheme, newly refurbished offices with free onsite parking, training and more)
East Sussex TN22
Do you have experience within PHP and Development, and are keen to progress your career within a fantastic organisation offering outstanding training, generous holiday, pension plan and lots more? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you…
Our client is a unique, well established family run online retailer who is now looking for a PHP Developer to join their successful Web team.
Job Description for the PHP Developer:
- You will help maintain and expand their successful ecommerce system, which is based on PHP MVC framework, CodeIgniter.
- You will have a lively interest in new technologies, as well as offering constructive ideas and initiatives on how to improve current systems.
- You will be building and maintaining their custom-made ecommerce system as part of a small team.
- You will also have partial responsibility for the mentoring of a PHP Graduate.
- This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced PHP developer to take the next step in their career, and to join us to help deliver the continued growth of our business.
Specific Skill Requirements for the PHP Developer:
- Firm grasp of PHP, particularly within an MVC framework, specifically CodeIgniter.
- Good knowledge of HTLM5, CSS, JQuery and Bootstrap would be advantageous.
- Experience writing MySQL database queries, (including advanced filtering, joining, grouping, and sorting); designing relational databases and optimizing database structure.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Knowledge of web services, API and payment gateway integration.
- Solid experience of version control with GitHub would be an advantage but not essential.
- In addition any knowledge / experience with Terminal / Wordpress / Cyber Security Management would be a bonus, not a requirement!
What our client can offer the PHP Developer in Return:
- A competitive package made up of a basic a salary of with a rising pay scale.
- 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- A private health scheme.
- A non-contributory cash plan to help with day to day health expenses.
- A scheme to allow up to five additional paid days off per year for voluntary work in the community.
- You will be working in newly refurbished offices with free onsite parking and within walking distance of Uckfield town centre with its bus and railway links.
- Ongoing product and vocational training will be provided and tailored to your individual requirements.
- It is our client’s philosophy to develop and promote employees from within to become our future team leaders and managers.
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.