Our Latest Vacancies
Data Test Engineer
Data Test Engineer
£25,000 to £35,000
Data, Test, Engineer, TestNG, Watir, Appium, Jmeter, SoapUI, Testing, SQL, Bug, Processes, Analytical, Manuel Testing, Automative.
My client has developed a multi award-winning intelligence application that has featured in nationwide media and is shaking up the industry. Still young but already they have global presence in 140+ countries, supporting over 25,000 businesses. With offices in Brighton, Sydney & Melbourne.
“Providing an industry leading solution with an ever expanding set of features, we help our users visualise their financials in a beautifully simple form that allows for complete complex analysis. We also build a market leading scenario and forecasting engine, used by SME’s and Fortune 500’s.”
About the Job
We’re looking to expand our testing team with an inquisitive and hands-on data test engineer to support our development, product and test team. You’ll be involved in the testing of heavy data structures and processes, tackling complicated data problems and breaking them down into manageable components for investigation. You will be involved in manual and automative testing processes that manipulate these components and assure their integrity and accuracy, before reporting your findings and analysis to the Team Lead.
You will have a background in testing, having experience and knowledge in analytical manual testing practices, or having worked in a customer/technical support role identifying product issues. You should be able to prioritise your workload and be great at finding bugs no-one else can spot, while writing test scripts from the ground up.
You will also have shown interest in and had experience with testing automation tools such as Junit, TestNG, Watir, Appium, JMeter, SoapUI and Selenium. You will also have encountered testing practices such as BDD and TDD, as well as being comfortable translating your findings and tests through tools such as Cucumber and Behave.
You will also have experience with relational databases and be proficient with SQL. Furthermore, you will have confident knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and Perl.
Applicants must have some experience working with and supporting web-based applications, ideally Software-as-a-Service. Experience within fin-tech or accountancy is a bonus but not essential - you’ll need to quickly learn and understand foundational accounting knowledge and forecasting principles.
What you’ll bring with you
- Wicked smartness and the ability to think on your feet and keep evolving the test solution
- SQL and database proficiency.
- Experience in manual and automative testing practices
- Meticulousness and responsiveness. You’ll create rock solid processes to ensure the small detail does not evade you
- Passion for quality management
- Ability to identify priorities and hotspots
- Great communication skills, communicating with development, testing and product teams
- Experience working as part of an agile team and knowledge of agile process
Desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker Swarm.
- Bachelor’s degree, QA/ISEB Certification or similar applicable qualification
- 3+ years’ experience as a test engineer, manual tester, customer experience, or test developer in a Software/SaaS environment
- Knowledge of a range of web browsers and operating systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, and platforms such as Jenkins, Buildkite or TeamCity.
- Investigating and analysing data structures
- Develop and maintain automative and manual test cases, as well as defining a plan to implement them
- Identify requirements for regression testing & areas of the need additional testing
- Adhere to agreed quality standards and test metrics
- Identify, design and prioritise bugs to ensure coverage and value
- Report regularly on test failures, liaising with the Product Manager and Team Lead
In return, our client offers the chance to play a key role within a global organisation, with great benefits and career opportunity.
Sounds interesting and something you would love to be part of? Contact us today!
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.