More than just an unsolicited phone call, more than just a meme; we are actually a pretty efficient team. Let’s not beat around the bush,...
Our Latest Vacancies
Solaris Systems Administrator
£50,000 - £55,000 DOE plus excellent career progression, a bonus scheme, payment for training, pension, Bupa private medical, sports and social club and lots more!
Key Skills: Sun Solaris. Systems Administrator. Oracle Solaris System Administrator Certification. Unix Security Course. UNIX Sun / Oracle Solaris platforms 10 and 11. Unix Shell Scripts. JBoss Application Server. WebSphere Application Server. RMAN.
- Are you an Oracle Solaris System Administrator?
- Are you an expert in administering Solaris systems?
- Are you looking to work for a hugely successful, extremely well established organisation who can offer fantastic benefits?
Then we have an outstanding opportunity for you!
My client is a leading financial services organization with an excellent reputation and a fantastic working environment. They can offer excellent career progression, bonus scheme, payment for training, pension, Bupa private medical, sports and social club and lots more!
About The Solaris Systems Administrator Role:
They are looking for an experienced Solaris Systems Administrator to be responsible for the routine tasks on all Solaris environments, with eexperience of working on UNIX Sun/Oracle Solaris platforms 10 & 11 platforms and Unit Shell eScripts.
The Solaris Systems Administrator Duties:
- Under take the daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly routine administrative tasks on all Solaris environments.
- Ensure the Oracle servers are fit for current and future purpose through capacity management and planning.
- Provide support when needed in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers for projects involving the Oracle Solaris environments.
- In liaison with the 3rd party’s, support all systems running on the Solaris platform that directly or indirectly support the core banking function.
- In line with security requirements implement and improve the Oracle Solaris environments as required.
- Develop and improve internal processes as required to ensure services are delivered in an efficient secure manner.
- Cross train where necessary to provide key man dependency mitigation for the Oracle Database Administration role.
- Create and maintain documentation necessary to carry out the functions undertaken as part of the role.
- Document system process and procedures necessary to ensure correct operation of services in full or in part utilising the Oracle Solaris environments in conjunction with collages.
- Facilitate patching and upgrade requirements of the Oracle Solaris environments in line with requirements including providing support where needed, including out of hours for scheduled Disaster recovery testing in conjunction with the Oracle Database Administrator and Operations departments.
- Provide BAU support when required by IT Operations department for live issues outside of normal working hours.
Ok, over to you: Our perfect Solaris Systems Administrator will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Expert in administering Solaris systems
- Oracle Solaris System Administrator Certification
- Unix Security course
- Experience of working on UNIX Sun/Oracle Solaris platforms 10 & 11
- Experience of working with Unix Shell Scripts
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of administering JBoss Application Server
- Experience of administering WebSphere Application Server
- Experience of working with RMAN
In return our client can offer excellent career progression, a bonus scheme, payment for training, pension, Bupa private medical, sports and social club and lots more! Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Contact us today!