I am sure you will have heard of GDPR by now, it seems everybody in business is talking about it - and worrying about it! It is a piece of...
Our Latest Vacancies
PHP Developer / Web Developer
£25,000 to £30,000
We are looking to recruit a full time on-site PHP Web Developer to expand our capacity and skillset.
You will be working closely with the creative team to develop bespoke, responsive websites & web apps for our clients ensuring cross browser and device compatibility. High standards are essential and top quality work is a must.
The successful applicant will need to create bespoke, often complex solutions using CodeIgniter PHP framework within a small in-house development team. In addition they will need to aid sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions.
They will have direct input in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s existing and planned web offerings as well as aiding other developers with system design and implementation.
Additional responsibilities would include performing server and site maintenance and monitoring and supporting current client websites by providing technical support.
They will need the ability to breakdown client problems and develop a software solution from system design to implementation with the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
Specific Skill Requirements:
Demonstrable experience (at least 3+ years of commercial experience) with:
- Strong understanding of PHP/MYSQL back-end development.
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter) a plus.
- Responsive design (familiar with frameworks and writing custom media queries)
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git.
- Understanding of UX/UI interaction
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
Additional Skills (Not necessary but nice):
- Knowledge of developing for WordPress
- Knowledge of developing for e-commerce (Magento/Shopify)
- Ruby on Rails Framework
- Digital agency experience
- Experience with Angular JS, JSON
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
- Contributing to best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting