Our Latest Vacancies
IT Support Engineer
Our client is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic IT Support Engineer to join their busy and fast paced IT Department working within this successful college group based predominately at their Redhill site with some travel to South Croydon.
You will be Involved in the day-to-day support of the College’s IT infrastructure at a 1st/ 2nd line level. This will include but not limited to server and desktop operating systems, physical & virtual infrastructure, Storage, IT hardware, networks, data back-ups and disaster recovery.
Location: Redhill, Surrey with the ability to travel to South Croydon site when required
Hours: 8:45am – 5pm plus Benefits which include; Free parking, generous annual leave, gym membership, pension, excellent training, childcare vouchers and much more
Interested? Here’s some more info …
Working closely with the Head of Department, Technicians and rest of the IT team you will offer first line, technical and software support for all IT related queries, relating to hardware, software, telephony and business systems.
You will resolve issues raised by internal team members and maintain an accurate history via the corporate Service Desk system, provide technical and administrative support and solutions, follow documented control processes, as well as allocate and escalate enquiries as necessary if no immediate resolution is possible.
- Troubleshooting of computer hardware, monthly maintenance
- Virtual & Cloud Technologies including VMWare and Microsoft Azure.
- Ensure that any backup / replication failures reported via the service desk, are investigated, resolved and, if required escalated to the Senior IT Support Engineer.
- Assist Senior Support Engineer with scheduled Annual DR test exercises with key departments.
- Conduct test restore of critical data/servers on a weekly basis. Fault find and fix any backup related issues.
- Administration of Microsoft 365 platform including Azure AD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and, Security and Compliance Centre.
- Ensure that the Monitoring system “SolarWinds” is working, swiftly work on and resolve any issues that come up, these could be but not limited to, Server down, Diskspace, Services not running, application issues and errors.
- Work to maintain the SCCM servers at both sites and ensure that desktops patching is maintained and up to date. Highlight issues and report to Senior Support Engineer.
- Assist in the deployment of hardware and software rollout projects, technology migrations, design changes and infrastructure updates using SCCM.
- Active involvement in monthly patching of backend servers, ensuring servers are patched in line with IT policies.
Do you have the relevant skills & experience for this role?
This is primarily a technical hands-on job role requiring server, storage, network and virtualisation knowledge to provide for the day-to-day administration, maintenance, fault finding and use of the College Group’s information technology networks, hardware and software. The postholder will also use their excellent customer relationship and technical skills to provide mentorship to junior members at both sites, with responsibility for assisting in managing the IT infrastructure.
- High level of knowledge of web-based technologies
- MCSE qualification or equivalent
- ITIL Practitioner
- Capability to create IT policies, information security standards and procedures
- Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent
- Excellent customer service at every opportunity.
- Confident and clear communication in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- IT / Technical Support Experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of Windows Server, VMWare, Veeam and Networking
- Good knowledge and experience of O365, and Active Directory, Azure Active Directory
- Experience of working with smart screens
- Ability to support smart mobile devices
- Good experience of supporting MFD printers, Papercuts
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.