Our Latest Vacancies
IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer – 1st / 2nd Line
£26,000 - £30,000 (DOE) + Benefits
We have an opening for an ambitious IT Support Engineer – 1st / 2nd Line to support clients and to drive growth within the business. With training paid for, healthcare scheme, rising holiday, interest free loan for annual season ticket and company pension scheme, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a company that can provide excellent career progression.
An entrepreneurial Croydon based ICT consultancy that was founded 17 years ago, my client has exciting expansion plans and is looking for a like-minded individual to join their team for the long-term. They offer funding for IT training, they have a fantastic working environment, they work hard, play hard and reward their employees well!
The successful applicant will take accountability for both the ticket queue and outstanding tickets. Overall, they will ensure that the heart of their business, their service desk, is efficient by maintaining consistent communication with clients and delegating work to the Engineers.
Due to the nature and size of the organisation there will be:
- The opportunity to become an integral part of the management and on-going development of a successful company
- The potential for rapid career fulfilment – not possible in larger organisations
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies
IT Support Engineer – 1st / 2nd Line Responsibilities:
- Manage client requests for support and project work
- Provide customers with technical support and advice pertinent to their infrastructure
- Investigation of new technologies for new solutions for clients
- Office systems improvement
- Identify potential new business from new and existing clients
IT Support Engineer – 1st / 2nd Line Technical Experience:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office 365 Support
- Server and PC hardware components.
- Networking troubleshooting and diagnostics - TCP/IP, routing, subnets.
- Routers, hubs, and switches
- Network security
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Antivirus/Anti-Spyware and Anti-Spam principles and solutions
The right person:
- Outstanding communication, both written and verbal
- Experience of working for an IT Managed Services Provider / IT Support Organisation is preferred
- A keen sense of how to provide excellent customer service
- A real ability to multi-task and juggle priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- A sound academic background, ideally with a further/higher education qualification (e.g. HNC or degree) in a relevant subject. MCP/MCSE/CCNA and other relevant qualifications will help but are not essential.
- Company pension scheme
- Company healthcare scheme
- 23 days holiday per year plus 1 extra day for years 3, 4 and 5.
- Help with funding for training courses
- Interest free loan for annual season ticket
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.