Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Support Field Engineer
Technical Support Field Engineer
Remote / Southeast of England - Permanent / Full-Time
Up to £35,000 DOE
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, Flexible Hours
Are you an experienced field engineer with experience with Telephony? If you are, I have an amazing opportunity for you! My client is a dynamic company, successfully operating for over 25 years, providing a wide range of services to diverse business clients across the UK. Their services include cutting-edge cloud telephone systems, data connectivity, mobile solutions, as well as utility services. With a forward-thinking approach and advanced technology, they cater to businesses of varying sizes, from small enterprises to large corporations.
- 50% off our Broadband & Utility packages, completely free after two years
- 33 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
- 5 additional days leave granted based upon length of service
- £250 Bright Ideas Scheme & £1,000 Refer A Friend Scheme
- Kudos Employee Recognition Scheme – Including trips abroad!
- Buy & Sell holiday allowance scheme
- Friday drinks fridge
- Fun incentives
This role involves the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our clients' telephony systems, both TDM and IP-based, including call center applications. The role also requires working with hosted platforms, VoIP networks, and various IT components.
As a Technical Support Field Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Installing and maintaining Telephony TDM and IP Business Phone Systems, including call center applications.
- Install and build customer’s solutions via 8x8 and NFON hosted platforms.
- Troubleshooting VoIP network issues using tools like Wireshark and Syslog. Including protocols SIP, RTP, T38, ALG, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP and FTP.
- Working with various IT components including Active Directory, SQL, and Exchange.
- Qualifying business opportunities from a technical standpoint and reporting discrepancies.
- Documenting installations and technical details accurately.
- Investigating and sharing findings on product malfunctions.
- Representing the brand professionally while interacting with customers.
- Maintaining knowledge of our services and supporting the development of new products.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and company procedures.
- Collaborating within the team and pursuing personal development opportunities.
- Performing network point installations and repairs. (CAT5/CAT6)
- Participating in an on-call rotation and occasional overnight stays.
- A clean UK driving license.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications and IP technologies.
- Aptitude for technology and manual dexterity.
- Relevant certifications such as CCNA or CompTIA Networking+.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2012/2016.
- Minimum two years of experience as a field engineer in IP Telephone systems and Call Centers.
- Familiarity with 8x8 hosted systems and applications.
- Flexibility, teamwork, and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in IT, Windows-based packages, and databases.
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free, however, to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job