Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Support Engineer
Are you a 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer looking to work as part of a global team?
Are you able to work on a 4 on/4 off shift basis, including weekends?
Our client is a leading independent provider of communications and IT managed services, delivering complex technical solutions, tailored to their clients’ unique requirements. Based at their Head Quarters in Redhill, they are looking to recruit 2 x Technical Support Engineers to join the team to offer their client’s remote technical assistance.
What is on offer?
Salary: Competitive salary bracket depending on experience, plus generous shift allowance.
Hours: Rolling shift pattern, 12-hour shifts working on a 4 on/4 off basis (2 days/2 nights, then 4 off)
Benefits: After probation you will be entitled to the following:
- 253 hours annual leave
- Sponsored personal pension plan, which currently will be matched by up to 7.5%
- Private Health Care (single cover)
- On site Gym (Redhill site only)
- Free Parking
Please note: Successful candidates will need to be able to achieve National Security Vetting Clearance.
What will the role involve?
- To be a key element of Technical Support as part of a global team. Assisting in the training, mentoring for the shift, aiding the Team Lead in directing the 1st and 2nd line support teams in dealing with customer queries quickly and effectively.
- To be a committed and pro-active Shift Engineer within the Support Team delivering service for the company’s Global customer base across the complete technical portfolio, 24 hours/365 days a year.
- To provide first class Customer Service and Technical Support covering both network infrastructure and customer facing equipment. Ranging from Network Firewalls, Satellite antennas to mail filtering rules.
- To monitor, operate and maintain the internal systems and databases within the Global Customer Support Centre (GCSC), ensuring proactive management of process and procedures for the benefit of other team members and customers.
- To ensure Reactive Monitoring Alerts across the technical estate are understood and managed to resolution inline with our Service Level Agreements and KPIs. Ultimately to understand Root Cause for common problem tickets and initiate process change or initiation to optimise fault management and resolution.
Do you have the relevant skills & experience?
- Essential: Customer Service and/or Network Operation Experience
- Possess a keen commercial awareness with ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and support new systems and services.
- Inmarsat and/or VSAT operational, service or technical experience would be an advantage
Have in depth technical knowledge of at least some of the following customer equipment or management systems
- Inmarsat Satellite Maritime Customer Equipment.
- Seatel & T&T VSAT equipment.
- Inmarsat Land Mobile systems including BGAN’s, Iridium and Thuraya & GX
- Practical experience of IP networking (CCNA/JNCIA etc)
- Ability to absorb and quickly gain and retain knowledge of company products & services and to fault find and explain over the telephone how products work
- Effective communicator with an eye for detail and accurate PC skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with customers both on the phone and in meetings essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate customer focus in all that they do with a right first time, every time attitude.
- Well organised with ability to lead a shift by example.
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.