Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Support Advisor
Do you hold experience within customer service but have an interest in technology?
Perhaps you have 1st/2nd Line Technical Support experience and looking to join an exciting new industry sector?
Are you able to work on a 4 on/4 off shift basis, including weekends?
Our client is a leading independent provider of communications and IT managed services, delivering complex technical solutions, tailored to their clients' unique requirements. Based at their Head Quarters in Redhill, they are looking to recruit 2 x Technical Support Advisor's to join the team and offer their client remote technical assistance.
What is on offer?
Salary: Competitive salary bracket depending on experience, plus generous shift allowance.
Hours: Rolling shift pattern, 12 hour shifts working on a 4 on/4 off basis (2 days/2 nights, then 4 off)
Benefits: After probation you will be entitled to the following:
21 days annual leave + bank holidays
Sponsored personal pension plan, which currently will be matched by up to 7.5%
Private Health Care (single cover)
On site Gym (Redhill site only)
Please note: Successful candidates will need to be able to achieve National Security Vetting Clearance.
What will the role involve?
- To be a pro-active member of the Global Customer Support Centre (GCSC) delivering 1st and 2nd line technical support on product, service and billing enquiries for customers
- To provide 1st /2nd line network operations support
- To respond to customer enquiries and to reply quickly and efficiently ensuring that customer expectations are met and, for key customers, that SLA's are met specifically in regard to response and resolution times
- To ensure each call/email is logged and that Databases are maintained at all times, so clarity is ensured for other team members, chasing cases and escalating issues to other departments/on call engineers where necessary
- To provide 1st/2nd line support for GCSC activity ensuring continuity between shifts (day and opposite night shift) and seamless handover of tasks outstanding
- To assist in the development of systems to deliver front line support for the company's customer handling and customer care programmes and make recommendations for improvements
- To proactively monitor the GCSC associated infrastructure, investigate alarms, issue outage reports, act on high usage alerts and resolve any and all service issues. Whether network or remote customer related
- Manage cases through to resolution, with the assistance of the Technical Support Supervisor, escalating to both internal and external resolver groups
- To actively pursue technical training and to continually update technical expertise. Training on products are services, sharing this knowledge with shift colleagues.
Do you have the relevant skills & experience?
- Frontline Customer Service experience, ideally with a technical background - working in a role where there has been demonstrable experience in dealing directly with enquiries and issues from multiple customers
- Strong IT skills with the ability to pick up inhouse software and systems with ease
- Keen interest and desire in technology
- Good working knowledge of MS Office /MS Dynamics would be an advantage
- Possess a keen commercial awareness with ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- It would be a distinct advantage if you have knowledge of customer IT networks/systems e.g. IP address ranges, Cisco and HP Switches and/or Network Operations experience
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work through problems with customers achieving positive outcomes
- Able to prioritise work and triage support calls
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The successful candidate will need to have a keen interest in learning about new products and systems, and full training will be provided on the specialist equipment.
- Previous experience within a technical or customer focused support role is preferred, and excellent customer service skills are a must!
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.