Our Latest Vacancies
Software Business Analyst
Software Business Analyst
Redhill or Gateshead – Hybrid working
£55,000 - £65,000 DOE
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
How does working for a market leading IT software and business services provider, who specialise in the utilities and pharmaceutical sectors with many blue-chip clients across a diverse portfolio sound?
Our clients looking for a Software Business Analyst to join them as they continue to expand. They pride themselves on the personal service they offer to their customers; this customer-focused approach has enabled them to attract and retain business from a wide range of prestigious organisations across the UK and abroad.
- 25-27 days holiday, plus public holidays
- Comprehensive private healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A generous monthly team social budget
- Fruit, snacks, and drinks when working in our offices
- Electric Vehicle Scheme / Ride to Work Scheme
- Free on-site car parking
Interested? Read on for more information:
You will be responsible for bridging the gap between customers’ and industry requirements, business processes, and our products. Our client will be available to aid you with knowledge gain of the utilities sector and their products from the outset; however, you must be a fast, effective learner, so that you can have informed meaningful conversations with stakeholders.
You will need to deeply grasp and record the clients' demands, and subsequently create precise and unambiguous software outlines to guarantee the fulfilment of client and stakeholder requirements, and if relevant, their enhancement.
You will serve as the intermediary connecting the client, software engineers, and software testers, making certain that all involved parties have a clear comprehension of the expected outcomes and intervening when necessary.
The duty of delivering the software will rest with project managers, who might seek your aid for explanations.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Analyse industry and customer driven change proposals to determine the impacts on a range of products and services.
- Work with stakeholders to elicit, analyse, define and communicate the business requirements, to create a shared understanding amongst business and technical stakeholders which will lead to the implementation of an effective solution.
- Produce clear, concise, unambiguous, realistic, consistent, detailed, and complete software specifications.
- Build good relationships with our customers by being approachable and knowledgeable.
- Provide expertise in relation to business and industry processes to ensure our customers’ obligations are effectively met by the software solution, and within any industry-prescribed timetable.
- Provide advice on aspects of system design where there may be change. Interpret the business requirement and ensure any change is consistent and will be understood by the customer.
- Work with product owners to assess whether outside changes (industry, regulatory, market, etc.) will affect our systems.
- Aim to have a broader view than our developers, and work together to bridge any knowledge gaps.
- Represent the customer/business to the wider team to help prioritise requirements and solutions.
- Collaborate with the project teams on various aspects of the project/specifications and design functions.
- Promote a good and consistent style in software applications.
- Occasionally assist with testing scenarios where in-depth input / knowledge into calculations is needed.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various parties, both internally and externally.
Do you have the relevant skills & experience for this role?
- Demonstrable experience of capturing and documenting customer requirements, creating detailed, clear, unambiguous, and complete software specifications.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Visio, Excel and Word.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to take real interest and understand the customers’ business requirements or issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident Communicating at all levels within an organisation.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise presentations.
- Demonstrable experience of working across multiple IT projects at the same time.
- Excellent analytical skills with an interest in data and systems.
- A good eye for detail.
- A desire to improve business procedures and products.
- Specific knowledge of the electricity, gas or water industries would be extremely valuable.
- Experience in digital transformation – legacy systems to modern architecture patterns (e.g., microservices)
- Experience of software development and deployments within an IT setting.
- Data modelling experience and knowledge (logical, physical data models).
- Experience of using Microsoft Azure DevOps to aid with the documentation and tracking of requirements and software specifications.
- BSC Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA CCBA or CBAP certified
- Experience of using diagramming tools such as PowerPoint and Balsamiq for wireframing.
If this sounds like the role for you, do not hesitate to apply today!
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.