Our Latest Vacancies
Junior IT Support Engineer
My client is an extremely well established (1918) organisation who provide security solutions throughout the UK. They have 700 staff across 8 offices in the UK. They offer benefits such as 22 days holiday rising to 28, Private Medical, Company Pension Scheme, a 3% company contribution pension and Death in service benefit of 3 x annual salary.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly passionate Junior IT Support Engineer to join their busy team near Purley. The role will include logging and resolving IT support requests, setting up hardware, software and networks, and assisting end users.
We need someone who prides themselves upon delivering exceptional customer service, has excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise workloads. Equally as important is that this is someone who thrives when working within a busy environment, is punctual and is looking to further their career in the IT sector.
Junior IT Support Engineer Duties:
- To provide IT Support to a range of staff members, the role will be primarily office based but will require occasional site visits in the UK therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
- Troubleshooting mobile email for remote users with Android / iPhone smartphones.
- General IT Administration duties such as laptop/desktop auditing and management.
- Liaising with 3rd party support providers.
- Managing the issuing of new IT equipment
- Documenting and managing the disposal of IT equipment
Junior IT Support Engineer Skill-set
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Win7 and Win10)
- Solid networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Firewalls, VLANS)
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Terminal Services
- Strong knowledge of basic IT packages: Office, Outlook.
- Experience with file storage devices (NAS, SAN)
- Grass roots knowledge and understanding of PC builds, motherboards, CPUs, memory, disks etc.
- Experience with managing Windows Desktops/Laptops in a Windows AD environment.
- In addition, any knowledge of Linux and other open source software (mySQL), knowledge in cloud based services such as Google Apps for Business and salesforce, encryption software such as becrypt or similar and experience with Eset Anti-Virus Software would be a bonus, although is not a requirement!
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.