Our Latest Vacancies
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
How does working for a small but growing MSP based in Camden who have been going for 15 years sound? They currently support approx. 500 mixed Windows and Mac end-points over 50 regular customers and have a small but effective team. As they continue to grow, his role represents an opportunity to take ownership of the very customer focused service desk, having an impact on how they develop services and relationships with their clients.
An excellent opportunity to join a real family feel company which will provide you with the chance to grow and develop your career.
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join us on a permanent basis, to play a senior role within the team responsible for supporting the infrastructure of a broad client base, as well as take the lead on technical projects and mentor 1st and 2nd line engineers.
This role will give you the chance to play a key role in a growing team and gain exposure to the most up to date and a wide variety of technology.
The role would suit a candidate who has already gained experience in a senior support position, someone with good infrastructure skills including a good understanding of Windows Server and AD domains and who is interested in taking the lead in projects and mentoring more junior members of the team.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer Duties:
- To be a senior member of the team responsible for all incoming client requests, triaging and attempting resolution on the majority of 1st – 3rd support requests via phone, email and remote tools all while providing an exceptional client experience.
- Take the lead on a variety of upgrade / integration projects for clients, across the full lifecycle.
- Build positive client relationships through exceptional client service, tenacity and the willingness to do the right thing!
- Take responsibility for and co-ordinate escalated tickets from 1st and 2nd line.
- Mentor 1st and 2nd line engineers.
- Report directly into the Managing Director.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Requirements:
- Working with IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, network, and security technologies for a similar MSP (IT support company / managed services provider).
- Good Windows, networking and Mac technical skills including:
o Strong Windows Server and AD Domains
o Mac OSX
o Scripting and PowerShell
o Microsoft Exchange
o O365 & Azure
o Switches, routers & firewalls
o TCP/IP & network troubleshooting
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.