Our Latest Vacancies
IT Support/Event/Logistics Technician
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 (DOE) + Annual Bonus
Location: Brighton, BN1, with UK travel
Holiday: 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Skills: 1st and 2nd Line Support. Events. Logistics. Hardware. Software. Wifi. Printer. Backup. PC. Network. TCP/IP. Infrastructure. Tablet. Mobile Devices. Scanner. Smart Phone.
- Are you an experienced IT candidate who is looking for a more varied and interesting role, with UK travel?
- Are you looking to work for an innovative and forward-thinking organisation with the events services sector?
Our client are a hugely successful events services company based in Brighton. They provide a high-end combination of technical systems, infrastructure and customer services for their client’s events. They are a small but growing company and have been operating for over 15 years and they offer a high-end service to some of the world’s top brands!!
The IT Support / Event / Logistics Technician:
You will be responsible for supporting the technology at events, setting-up at and planning for events, and providing client liaison. You will be required to travel to events across the UK and overnight stays will be required.
The IT Support / Event / Logistics Technician Duties:
- Picking up equipment and transporting it to the event venue.
- Setting up computers, network, wifi, printers etc.
- Troubleshooting systems and maintaining systems throughout the events.
- Supporting site servers and PC / Laptop terminals for staff check-in as well as various networked printers.
- Administering the local network, with internal WiFi, managing internet WAN connections via venue supplied hard lines / WiFi / 4G and managing handheld tablet check-in & smart phone style QR scanners.
- Managing and maintaining the equipment whilst it is not on-site, ensuing everything is returned to the correct kit.
- Ensuring all equipment is operating correctly – installing updates and drivers where needed, configuring new equipment and kit.
- Planning ahead for events, including assessing the best means of transportation, timings, liaising with venues to agree access arrangements.
- Liaising with suppliers to arrange stock, equipment purchase and equipment hire where necessary.
Ok, so over to you…. The IT Support / Event / Logistics Technician Will Have:
- General good working knowledge of basic IT systems, small networks and WiFi.
- Happy to travel to events all over the UK and spend nights away from home (1 day per month at the quietest time, sometimes 1+ week away at the busiest time of the year).
- Ability to multitask and be proactive, often planning and delivering multiple events at once.
- Professional and presentable in corporate environments, liaising directly with our clients and their delegate’s onsite, many of whom are often senior company directors or VIPs.
- Flexible working hours, sometimes 9 – 5.30 in the office, and sometimes early mornings / late evening’s onsite, with some evenings and weekends away from home.
- Full UK Driving Licence is mandatory for this role.
In return, our client can offer an extremely interesting and varied role, within an organisation with a fantastic reputation. Our client can offer a collaborative working environment with good benefits including 25 days holiday, 5% pension contribution. Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.