Our Latest Vacancies
Software Test Engineer
How does working for an established energy services provider for over 40 years sound? My client helps organisations manage their energy better and are well-respected within their division.
As a Software Test Engineer/Software Tester you will be responsible for providing a high-quality Software Systems Testing and Software Engineering function and ensure all team key performance indicators are followed.
- Responsible for testing software systems, including system testing, integration testing and regression testing to ensure the highest quality software prior to release, as well as ongoing soak testing of the systems.
- Liaise with the Development team when required to help resolve any failed tests.
- Work alongside the Software Development team in the continual development of the website.
- Tasked to collaborate and ensure all work items are updated in line with the agile development environment using Azure DevOps.
- Devise test plans and document all tests carried out using Azure DevOps Test Plans.
- Software Test Engineer to carry out testing an associated applications including functional testing and non-functional testing such as load testing and security testing.
- Participate in regular training / learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Be a supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Have a good attention to detail and prioritise work well.
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues.
- Software Tester applies previous testing experience (if applicable).
- Applies knowledge of SQL server, Oracle and online web systems.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
- Pension scheme after 3 months - matching up to 8% of employee contribution.
- Simplyhealth Cash Plan after probationary period.
- Professional qualifications sponsorship.
- Career development opportunities in a growing Group of companies.
- Increasing holiday with length of service (20 – 25 days pa plus bank holidays).
- Holiday EXTRA - purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year.
- Employee Assistance programmes – health, legal, counselling (through Simply Health).
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.