Our Latest Vacancies
How does working for an established energy services provider for over 40 years sound? My client helps organisations manage their energy better and are well-respected within their division.
Job Role: Oracle DBA
Location: 100% remote will be considered anywhere in the UK
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours a week. Monday to Friday
Holidays: 20 Days annual leave, increasing yearly. Purchase additional 5 days leave yearly.
Data is key to this company’s role in the energy industry. The Data Engineering Team is looking for an experienced Oracle DBA to be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of our Oracle database platform. You'll be involved in the planning, upgrade, and development of our Oracle databases, including the management of backups and failover systems as well as providing advice and troubleshooting issues on behalf of users.
- Oracle DBA tasked to monitor database systems to ensure environments are stable and available
- Perform maintenance operations at regular intervals on Oracle databases to ensure efficient database operations
- Perform database backups, migrations, and restorations of Oracle databases, including Oracle Forms applications. Recover corrupted or lost data in test and production systems from backups
- Develop, manage, and test database and information system backup and recovery plans, ensuring that written processes are in place
- Oracle DBA with experience on Oracle/Enterprise including Oracle forms
- An appropriate professional qualification or degree, along with practical experience of administering Oracle databases
- Knowledge of computer networks and protocols, including Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Being able to diagnose and resolve a range of complex technical issues
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance
- You will understand business and compliance processes
- Pension scheme after 3 months - matching up to 8% of employee contribution
- Simplyhealth Cash Plan after probationary period
- Professional qualifications sponsorship
- Career development opportunities in a growing Group of companies
- Increasing holiday with length of service (20 – 25 days pa plus bank holidays)
- Holiday EXTRA - purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year
- Employee Assistance programmes – health, legal, counselling (through Simply Health).
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.