Our Latest Vacancies
PCB Layout Design Engineer
YourRecruit are currently looking to recruit an PCB Layout Design Engineer for an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, and checkpoints. They help their customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
An exciting opportunity to join an industry leading organisation as a PCB Layout Design Engineer has become available. As part of our team, the PCB Layout Design Engineer will be involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial concept generation, new product introduction through to design delivery and continuous improvement in manufacture.
Job Role: PCB Layout Design Engineer
Working Hours: 36.5 Hours a week. Monday to Friday
Holidays: 22 Days annual leave, increasing yearly. Includes Bank Holidays.
- Become the schematic capture and PCB librarian to define, create, and maintain component library shapes, symbols and PCB layouts for new designs across the company.
- Parasitic circuit-board design (and possible simulation) based upon requirements set out by design engineer.
- Liaising with external PCB manufacturers and external subcontract manufacturers.
- Design PCB circuit boards to meet the needs of a product requirement.
- You will consider layout to optimise heat management and EMC.
- You will produce all the documentation needed to get your PCB manufactured.
- You will work closely with colleagues working in PCB manufacture to optimise and realise your design.
- A relevant qualification such as HND, HNC or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, although graduates with relevant industrial experience will be considered
- A sound understanding of Multilayer PCB design and layout.
- Experience of using ECAD design software such as Altium.
- Expertise with PCB (PC Board, printed circuit board) high speed digital, analogue, RF and switch mode power supply design layout and impedance control; PCB Fabrication IPC-6011/6012D, PCB Assembly J-STD-001F and IPC-A-610F (Class 2&3)
- Excellent verbal and written communicator able to converse effectively with specialist teams.
- sound understanding of electronics principles and fundamentals.
Other Key Attributes:
- A flexible engineer able to pick up new ideas and tools quickly, to work under pressure both independently and within a small and dynamic team.
- Ability to give and take instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and cross functionally with excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.