Our Latest Vacancies
Desktop & Application Support Analyst
Our client, based in Redhill are an exceptional financial services organisation who operate globally, are looking for an experienced Desktop & Application Support Analyst to join their IT Team.
This is a first line support role with second line support requirements for internal applications. You will be the first point of contact for escalations for all incidents and requests. You will be providing a desktop support function to support and assist business users with hardware and software issues.
What they have to offer:
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Benefits that include:
- Eligible for a discretionary performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays.
- Pension with generous contributions
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for family, dental insurance, health care cash plan and health assessments
- Eligible for a voluntary benefits allowance of £500 per annum payable as cash or otherwise
- Benefits supporting you and the family, such as death in service benefit, income protection and critical illness cover
Interested? ….. Here’s more:
To provide on-site or remote technical assistance including setting up of computer hardware systems, installing and upgrading software and troubleshooting IT issues. The job holder will be expected to be pro-active in interacting with users to resolve issues and progress requirements.
There will be an expectation to support the implementation of the new back-end system.
- Triage incidents and pass to the relevant team, following tickets through to resolution.
- Monitoring of the Service Now system and support mailboxes.
- Retain up to date knowledge of the companies IT support processes to follow and be compliant with all IT security protocols.
- Be fully accountable for all personally assigned tasks, ensuring all progress reporting, issues and matters requiring escalation are carried out promptly and reported to the Application Support Manager and Service Manager.
- Actively communicate with the other members of the IT Support team and ensure all knowledge gained is shared.
- Understand the level of risk involved in incidents raised and prioritise accordingly.
- Deliver pragmatic solutions to problems, carry out comprehensive testing and support the test team through UAT.
- New starter management and engagement which includes building and issuing devices, setting up software and aiding in successful onboarding.
- Troubleshooting hardware including laptops, iPhones, iPads and Video Conferencing.
Do you have the relevant skills & experience?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build strong working relationships
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and Apple Technologies
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- At least 12 months experience in a front-line service desk position and/or in a similar role with demonstrable experience of working with users at all levels in a support and service management capacity
- Working in a formal structured environment, e.g. financial services, insurance or similar regulated industry would be an advantage is desirable
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit IT Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.