Our Latest Vacancies
Application Support Engineer
How does working for an established software consultancy provider for over 20 years sound? Specialising in software, my client offers software products that help market-leading and many smaller pharmaceutical and biotech companies to improve their supply. Providing a friendly, supportive, well-organised environment, with good work-life balance and opportunities for self-improvement.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support to customers globally. Reporting to the Head of Application Support, based in South-East London.
Sound interesting? Read on…
Working with other globally located (UK, US, Poland) Support staff, your role will be to balance the support workload and increase responsiveness to customers. Application Support Engineer will be responsible for providing support for their customers and work towards the timely (within agreed SLA) resolution of support issues arising from systems installed at customer sites.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Investigate customer-reported issues via remote access to customer systems
- Perform data fixes or configuration changes to resolve issues or work around problems
- Application Support Engineer will test and apply fixes such as remedial scripts/patches
- Participate in process improvement activities within the support team
Application Support Engineer Skills:
- Experience in a customer facing application facing support role
- Very strong SQL skills (Oracle preferred), creating views, functions/procedures. Understanding of performance problems, and ability to understand/debug PL/SQL
- Application Support Engineer with ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Complex problem solving
- Ability to read and understand C# & .NET would be advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience with AWS advantageous
- Some flexibility in working hours (around core hours)
- Fully onsite role and potential for hybrid working (1 day a week) after probationary period
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible annual leave policy - ability to buy or sell up to 5 annual leave days
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Regular social events
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.