Our Latest Vacancies
Senior Cloud Engineer
One of the world’s fastest-growing number of talented people across their expanding global network. My client is Google’s leading global partner and are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer (Hybrid Working - 60% remote) to join their global cloud engineering team.
You will be positioned within the rapidly growing cloud engineering team to work on building, maintaining and scaling their web application technologies (PHP, NodeJS and Python) using modern infrastructure techniques such as serverless containers and container orchestration.
- Liaise with customers to propose modern production solutions from customer requirements
- Act as an escalation point for junior/mid-weight engineers
- Review and oversee platform enhancements
- Advise on new technologies to make sure the client is always evolving
- Execute implementations to tight deadlines, working well both independently and as part of a team
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff and the business
- Managing large cloud projects for their clients across multiple regions globally
- Work with the in-house developers to help share knowledge and improve the quality of practices
- Taking ownership of projects gaining a personal satisfaction in achieving high performing environments
- Working in a DevOps capacity with a desire to automate everything
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment trying to always achieve new goals
- An understanding of microservice architecture
- An understanding of performance enhancement technologies (CDN, Caching, etc)
- Ability to scope and estimate technical web builds
- Effectively conduct architectural reviews
- Strong understanding of networking concepts
- Understanding of content and e-commerce systems (WordPress, Drupal and Magento)
- Competent with Dockerizing application
- Hands-on experience with managing Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Web technologies (LAMP & LEMP)
- Experience with Terraform or other IaC technologies
- Develop and maintain CI Pipelines
- Certifications in GCP or AWS will be an advantage (but not essential)
- Hybrid working policy
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary increases on your work anniversary
- Annual bonus
- Private healthcare option
- A non-hierarchical structure that supports you taking charge of your own career development!
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.