Our Latest Vacancies
3rd Line Support Engineer
An Award Winning, and very successful MSP with nearly 20 years’ experience, who pride themselves on providing an excellent level of customer service to all their clients! They believe training is very important and aim to fill the full potential for all of their staff!
Sound interesting? Read on…
This is a senior position for someone who is passionate about technology, loves solving problems, and gets a kick out of helping customers and colleagues be the best they can be. As a 3rd Line Support Engineer should have extensive knowledge as the final point of escalation, and you will be happy to impart your knowledge to less experienced members of the team.
3rd Line Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide tier 3 helpdesk support to customers via email, phone and in person
- Follow up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Record troubleshooting events, problems, and their resolutions in the CRM system
- Document and publish documents for customers and colleagues to troubleshoot issues
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to existing procedures
- Manage customers’ expectations using the ticketing system and telephone
- Follow clearly defined policies and procedures
3rd Line Support Engineer Key Skills:
- Must have worked within an MSP environment
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and on the phone.
- Good organizational skills.
- Very good understanding and practical knowledge of Active Directory and its components.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Exchange including support and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of virtualization solutions (VMWare and Hyper-V).
- Experience with Citrix Xen Desktop or XenApp would be beneficial.
- Experience with SharePoint and Teams would be beneficial.
- Hands on experience in supporting various Windows Server roles including Remote Access, RDS with RDS Gateway and Session Broker, Filer Server, DHCP, DNS etc.
- Practical experience of setting up routers, firewalls and switches (Cisco, HP, Dell.).
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Project work experience required, Office 365 and Server migrations
Hours of work will be between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.