Our Latest Vacancies
Are you an experienced Technical Lead with hands-on experience within software Development? If so, we have an exciting new role for a Technical Lead to work for a multi-award-winning motor repair company who can offer remote working with an occasional (3-4 times a year) visit to their Warrington or Reigate offices.
Offering a competitive salary of £65,000 DOE, you will be working as part of a small Software Development team who are the heart of the niche software implemented for this business. The team created and now run the smooth process of two niche platforms. Leadership plays a crucial role in the success of any software development project and a Tech Lead plays a key role in keeping the digital team heading in the right direction. As a Tech Lead you will oversee the technical aspect of development and facilitate a smooth workflow process. The position primarily focuses on managing the technical side of the project. This includes troubleshooting and identifying the roadblocks of the team. Moreover, they ensure that the team’s tasks are aligned with the goals and timeline of the project.
Technical leaders need to have a background in coding and programming. This position requires a great deal of understanding about development issues and how to deal with them accordingly. The Technical Lead is in charge of finding the fastest and efficient solutions for issues. More so delivering your communication and findings in a clean and clear manner from a usability perspective.
Do you have the relevant skills & experience for this role?
Our client is looking for individuals who have worked as a Technical Lead within a software development set up; who is able to identify and fix the hurdles they maybe presented with without compromising multiple projects. Furthermore, you must hold the technical ability to review the forever changing technical world and understand new releases to manage how they will fit in with these bespoke systems. Coding experience is a must, however in addition our client is looking for:
- 7+ years minimum experience and background in coding and programming: PHP / MySQL / jQuery, AWS and Infrastructure knowledge, Nginx Web Server / Ubuntu / Apach, MVC Full Stack Development - CodeIgniter / Slim / Laravel
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or any IT-related field would be a minimum.
- Experience in managing a software development team
- Process Orientated - Create a documentation process such as the project event and risk log or any other reporting needed.
- Budgeting Experience
- Planning and Organisation - Define phases in the product life cycle that includes activities and milestones.
- Communication - Participate in project review meetings to provide updates on progress. must be able to relay messages clearly and concisely
- Exceptional analytical, risk assessment and planning skills
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.