Our Latest Vacancies
Senior Java Developer
We are recruiting for a profitable privately-owned company with offices based in Crawley and London that deliver through their network of IT and telecoms partners globally and have over 7,000 active customer sites.
Reporting to the Software Development Lead, the Senior Java Developer will be working within a team of highly experienced developers who are engaged in ensuring consistent product functionality and enhancing the application to ensure it stays at the forefront of the field.
This role will give you an opportunity to fully harness your software engineering skills. You will review, supervise, and provide guidance on other team members’ proposed designs, in addition to proposing and orchestrating top and low level design decisions yourself.
What Will The Successful Candidate Be Like?
This role would be suitable for a highly skilled software engineer looking to actively apply their expert software engineering design authority skills.
You will have extensive commercial experience being a product and architectural design authority and must be able to demonstrate that you have designed and developed web apps in a range of technologies and programming languages.
- Design authority responsibility across numerous technical areas of our product
- Full software lifecycle involvement in enhancing our web application, e.g. designing, coding, and maintaining server-side components in Java
- Run and maintain test scenarios, in addition to addressing defects
- Full participation in our Agile software development activities, i.e. daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and backlog creation activities
- Write supporting design and technical documentation
- Experience being a product and architectural design authority
- Extensive experience developing web applications in Java SE or EE and several years’ experience acting in the capacity of a design authority.
- Experience developing multi-threaded server-side applications using Oracle Java, including exceptional knowledge of Generic Programming
- Multi-threaded server-side web application development using Java in a Servlet web container using an MVC architecture-based framework such as Struts, JSF, etc.
- Good English communication skills, verbal and written
- 25 days holiday
- Employer Pension (5%)
- Healthcare AXA-PPP (after 12 months)
- Excellent training and development
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.