Our Latest Vacancies
IT Systems Support Engineer
Our client is a specialist and leading supplier of electronic communication and signal intelligence technology to niche markets.
Due to continued growth and business demands, they are currently looking to recruit an IT Systems Support Engineer to work onsite at one of their client sites based in either Gillingham or Stratford. You will predominately be based at your chosen site, although some travel between sites will be expected.
Salary: Up to £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Location: Stratford OR Gillingham, Kent
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:30 (flexible) + On-call rota
Note: Due to the nature of the role full background screening and security clearance will be required and must be willing to undertake DV clearance
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension Scheme, discretionary annual bonus, private health scheme
Your responsibilities as an onsite Systems Support Engineer:
Due to expansion, our client is looking to recruit an experienced candidate to assist in supporting the systems and applications developed for Government Agencies.
- Reporting to and working alongside the Support Manager, your role will be to troubleshoot and resolve a range of system and application issues and working with the client to help develop solutions.
- You will provide onsite 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line support to the clients Service Desk staff. Resolve technical issues, by working with the clients own Technology Team and the supplier of the system and desktop application depending on what the issue is.
Once trained on the system the successful candidate would be required to join the on-call team rota to provide out of hours support for the systems as well, they may also be required to attend working groups with the client and support the Support Manager.
Do you have the required skills and experience?
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as work on your own
- A flexible attitude so that they can support the customer when problems arise
- Strong attention to detail even when under pressure
- System / Application support (No coding experience required)
- Familiar with VMWare deployments
- Windows / Linux Server administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Database Administration (SQL)
- Elastic Stack experience
- An understanding of ITIL processes
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.